Gibson Brands Forums

Post your favorite songs written for dead people.

Kimbabig

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Theme From Jaws.........by, ah, Dunno

About dead people though; ah come on, the fear, the blood, the suspense, the ahhhhhh, chomps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[scared]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[scared] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[scared] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Finally; Theme From An Imaginary Western..............by Mountain

Self explanatory

" They often died along the way."

( Do not ask me to explain any of my choices as when I was asked to do so before I offended someone without meaning to. )

There, I'm done............[thumbup]:rolleyes:[tongue] :unsure: [scared]eusa_pray.gif[lol] ........It's been fun, but I'm DYING to move on.....[confused]

WHILE WALKING.............Words and Music by Damian; 1981

About the fear of being alive, and not being afraid of death...

While Walking

--------------------

While walking

I found, a frozen man

Bloody fingers, encased

In his frozen hand

I bent down, for a word

To hear

No sound, just cold

In a world of fear

While living

I became; a frozen man

Frozen thoughts

In my frozen hand

Birds flew down, for a word

A thought, to hear

No sound, no life

Nothing,

And no one,

To see here.....

MOBY D*CK..........By ( who else ? ) ..........Led Zeppelin...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbup] [thumbup]

Moby D*CK is Led Zeppelin's ode to the famous tale and book by author Herman Melville written in 1851 based upon the true story of the whaling ship the Essex....

John Bohnam's intense drumming re-tells the story of the battle between Captain Ahab ( who was a real a-hab !! ) and the poor innocent whale Moby D*ck,

( have you hugged a whale today ? ) and the incredible war and game of wits played between the two.....In the end it was Whale; 1 and Ahab; 0.......

In concert it was Bohnam; 1, and the audience; 1.......The story lives on to this very day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[thumbup]:rolleyes:[flapper][unsure][scared][drool] :blink: [cool]

Nice job Damian. Why make one post when a dozen or so will do?

Well Rocky, I tried it that way, but it confused an un-named threader, so I did it this way; besides, since it's about dead people, I thought it would be more respectful to give them their own post, kinda like folks usually get their own graves.......

In reality, I couldn't sleep, kept trying, so I kept getting up when ever a new song popped into my mind, and keeping them separate helped keep confusion to a mim......

I also had no idea so many would pop into my mind..........:-k

Four hours after this thread began ther was a death in my family, and it bothered me because I am no longer close with any of my family, including my children; so, ah, I don't know if the death bothered me, or if the fact that I don't care much for my family bothered me more, or if I actually did/do care and have chosen not to care because I didn't live up to their expectations. When my first wife died it didn't bother me at all; but a death in the family is still a death in the family and I will not attend the funeral because the next funeral I attend will be my own...I can't sleep so I'm posting songs about dead people on here until I can sleep.......

Riders On The Storm.........The Doors

Jim Morrison's song is a bit metaphorical and a bit lyrical about in part, death, a car crash, and a dead Shaman...

Are any of his lyrics deep in meaning ??? Dunno, thats for a different thread.....Perhaps a little bit of alchohol

and maybe, just maybe, some possibly tiny amounts of drugs may have influenced his lyrics and songs.

I tried to e-mail him at the wal-mart where he works as a greeter now, but he e-mailed back and said that

he was busy working on his new album and it was taking a long time because he's sober now and only

does drugs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and every other Sunday; go figure.......[flapper][rolleyes][scared]

Well Rocky, I tried it that way, but it confused an un-named threader, so I did it this way; besides, since it's about dead people, I thought it would be more respectful to give them their own post, kinda like folks usually get their own graves.......

In reality, I couldn't sleep, kept trying, so I kept getting up when ever a new song popped into my mind, and keeping them separate helped keep confusion to a mim......

I also had no idea so many would pop into my mind..........:-k

Four hours after this thread began ther was a death in my family, and it bothered me because I am no longer close with any of my family, including my children; so, ah, I don't know if the death bothered me, or if the fact that I don't care much for my family bothered me more, or if I actually did/do care and have chosen not to care because I didn't live up to their expectations. When my first wife died it didn't bother me at all; but a death in the family is still a death in the family and I will not attend the funeral because the next funeral I attend will be my own...I can't sleep so I'm posting songs about dead people on here until I can sleep.......

Sorry for the shot, Damian. Carry on.....

Sorry for the shot, Damian. Carry on.....

Heck, it's all good, Filter sang, " Hey man, nice shot. " Now I gotta come up with a song for your laptop; I'm sure Kimbabig won't mind if I post it here !!!!! [thumbup]

Archived