Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson EB-2D

rockflea

I have previously addressed in the forum the need for Gibson to reissue the EB2; it would be awesome! I think they should also make a 5 string option. I think Gibson would sell more EB2's than some of the controversial guitars they're currently making.

I tried an EB0 Epi just to see how it compared to the SG Std. The main thing I noticed was the weight difference. The body was a lot heavier than the SG Std. It was a floor model and needed to be reset slightly.

I tried an EB0 Epi just to see how it compared to the SG Std. The main thing I noticed was the weight difference. The body was a lot heavier than the SG Std. It was a floor model and needed to be reset slightly.

GSG

When I first started out on bass, I got the Epi EB-0 Bass. I liked it mainly for it's look. It had one issue it had horrible fret buzz every where. I didn't care I got a great deal on it. So I took it home, played and played. Then after awhile I got tired of the buzz so I tuned the whole bass one Octave. That got rid of the buzz, but the neck had a bow of a archery weapon.

Those Epiphone are never set up right.

A couple months ago, I saw an old EB-0 in a pawn shop window down town, so I had to go in to see what it was like. It was pretty thrashed, but it was very good to play. I didn't run it through an amp or even think about buying it, since it was too expensive, but for a few minutes, I enjoyed playing it. If the price had been about half what they were asking, I might have thought twice about it.

Archived