Gibson Brands Forums

Good quality computer speakers?

dem00n

My wife bought me some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 computer speakers for Christmas about 10 years ago, and I still use them. They are fantastic. I have read many reviews on them, and I've not read too many bad ones. They are unbelievable speakers for the money. They are about $150.00.

Cost effective in a small space?

X-mini speakers, they're small, inexpensive (around 20-30$ each) and you can daisy chain them together, the sound they produce out of even one of them is nuts, look it up, they look like this;

x-mini-capsule.jpg

I'm buying a bunch for christmas presents/stocking stuffers. You can probably find them at electronics retailers anywhere in the states.

Those are cool! I gotta get one for my iPod! Thanks for the info.

Also, beware fakes, we got some knock off ones here at work by accident and I tested them out and it was a joke, they weren't even close to the X-mini II capsule speakers we have in stock already.

http://www.x-mini.com/en/mono-speakers/x-mini-ii?page=shop.product_details&flypage=coddii_fly_default.tpl&product_id=5&category_id=1

Here's the product Demo, and aside from the horrible music demo selection the proof is in the pudding

Is it just me, or is demonstrating how good those speakers sound on your PC more dependent on the speakers you currently have?

Just like showing me how beautiful your HD color is on my black and white TV......

/chuckle.

Thanks, tho, AO.... I'm thinking my son in college may see some of these under the tree for Xmas. PERFECT for a dorm room, methinks....

Is it just me, or is demonstrating how good those speakers sound on your PC more dependent on the speakers you currently have?

Just like showing me how beautiful your HD color is on my black and white TV......

/chuckle.

Thanks, tho, AO.... I'm thinking my son in college may see some of these under the tree for Xmas. PERFECT for a dorm room, methinks....

I know, Sharp did a commercial advertising one of their new TV screens on TV with George Takei, saying people just had to imagine how good the screen was, but to be fair they do give you a benchmark, and then show you what multiples sound like.

Chan, they also sell a stereo pair on their website that I linked to, instead of the individual pods. The Stereo's have magnets on the bottom to keep them from losing eachother in a cluttered dorm room.

Man I feel like I'm advertsing for them now haha.

Archived