Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Shopping

Rewddawg

"Missing selector"
[biggrin][rolleyes]

Most of my clients go to the US at least 3 times a year so most of them try to do their most expensive shopping in there (guitars, and stuff over 800) as taxes here kill you for such "luxury" things. Anyway...

I tell them not to buy from GC unless they are going to one of the 2 GCs I know is safe to buy from (the guitar guy is helpful and knows his stuff, and they don't have blemished stuff as new) and EVERYTIME they do buy from other GCs and from SamAsh (especially the one at Dolphin Mall in Miami) they come here with brand new guitars with no switch tip, no case, no case candy and sometimes missing strings and broken tuners. [rolleyes]

[biggrin][rolleyes]

Most of my clients go to the US at least 3 times a year so most of them try to do their most expensive shopping in there (guitars, and stuff over 800) as taxes here kill you for such "luxury" things. Anyway...

I tell them not to buy from GC unless they are going to one of the 2 GCs I know is safe to buy from (the guitar guy is helpful and knows his stuff, and they don't have blemished stuff as new) and EVERYTIME they do buy from other GCs and from SamAsh (especially the one at Dolphin Mall in Miami) they come here with brand new guitars with no switch tip, no case, no case candy and sometimes missing strings and broken tuners. [rolleyes]

I brag on GC Nashville, but even THEY suffer from that.

Sam Ash does not seem to be nearly as bad, though. Tell them to hit SA in Madison and talk to Jason. He'll hook them up.

I don't BS people that's why in sales I got so many referrals and return buyers. I used to sell insurance. Now I want to sell musical instruments. They have people there now that can play some instruments but they couldn't sell ice water in hell. I will be working in a large mom and pop shop not GC. They say if you can sell insurance you can sell anything and I have a passion for guitars, amps drums and all the goodies that go with them. I will say that being a part of this forum has helped me gain knowledge about guitars and amps that alot of salesmen don't know. I thank everyone for all their input now, in the past and in the future. One good thing is this shop is a Gibson dealer!

Thanks again

Rewd.

Be sure to let us in on the inside scoop when you learn the dirty little secrets. [thumbup]

I can tell you now that all they are saying about preorders that are late is that Nashville plant was ruined in the flood and needs about a 100% do over. So orders may still be slow. I will let you guys in on upcoming guitars if I can but the Reps are pretty tight lipped.

I can tell you now that all they are saying about preorders that are late is that Nashville plant was ruined in the flood and needs about a 100% do over. So orders may still be slow. I will let you guys in on upcoming guitars if I can but the Reps are pretty tight lipped.

I wouldn't post anything that isn't public knowledge, with Gibson's contract with their retailers you'd probably get in some trouble. I realize you're safe here with this one but being a salesman I'm sure they wouldn't think highly of exact markups and the like.

I wouldn't post anything that isn't public knowledge, with Gibson's contract with their retailers you'd probably get in some trouble. I realize you're safe here with this one but being a salesman I'm sure they wouldn't think highly of exact markups and the like.

Yeah and like I said the reps don't give out any news til it's public. It would be neat to find out some new and upcoming models and features ahead of time. Prices are usually the last thing you find out.

Archived