Gibson Brands Forums

New Dot

Trewblue

Gold knobs are OK on something like the Sheraton or the flame top Dot with gold hardware, but I guess I'm too anal over silly stuff like this.

The funny thing is, I've never found any silver equivalents of the gold knobs. I also hate speed knobs like my Gibson LP Studio Satin has. I need black tophats for that too.

Gold knobs are OK on something like the Sheraton or the flame top Dot with gold hardware, but I guess I'm too anal over silly stuff like this.

The funny thing is, I've never found any silver equivalents of the gold knobs. I also hate speed knobs like my Gibson LP Studio Satin has. I need black tophats for that too.

I think most of us on this forum are very concerned with the little details. And yes, the knobs on your Dot look WAY better than the stock ones. I put black speed knobs on my ebony LP standard and I think it looks great. The gold knobs on a black LP look completely ridiculous IMO.

Just picked up a Dot in natural finish. Its my first semi hollow body. I'm really impressed with the workmanship and the tone. My amps are a Vox AC4 and a Vox VT15.

http://yfrog.com/gh003wksj

Hey Trew-

I love my dot. I have the vox ac4 as well, great little amp. here are a couple of lo-fi recordings of my dot and vox.

DANCIN DAYS ON MY DOT

HNGD

Archived