Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas Time

neilpanda

Well its christams time again so yay! Whats on your list for santa? just hope it isnt

another stupid piece of coal this year [glare] Im pretty excited.

but my tree is pretty sad this year. I got a tree ths about 2 feet taller than what I usually get

and now I dont have enough ornaments and stuff for it [scared] LOL

My Christmas tree is always the same height.

Hanging icicle lights outside was a pain this year though.

Usually we run the 1200 lights through one extension cord, however some last year's lights weren't working so we got 1100 new lights, (11 strings). This year the boxes warn to only plug 3 into one power supply. I didn't bother with that as we normally do but strangely a fuse blew on one of the sets, so we got 2 more extension cables and hooked it all up.

Its all fun though.

Well...

My list for Santa includes a Deluxe Reverb, an Explorer, a Jetter GSG, a Dunlop Wah...a copy of Ernest Hemingway: The Collected Stories, the rest of Troy Stetina's Metal Rhythm Guitar/Metal Lead Guitar instructional books (they're fantastic, for those unfamiliar with his material.) Yeah, that's about it.

...Analogman Sunface...MXR Micro Chorus...Devi Ever Disaster Fuzz...

...ZVex Fuzz Factory...Maxon AD-9...

That should be about it...

...Dean Cadillac Select...Maxon OD-9...

But seeing as how Santa doesn't exist, and if he did he wouldn't bring me presents because I'm Jewish, it's up to me to finish college, get a good job and be able to afford this sh*t myself...Well, I can handle the Hemingway book, and the Troy Stetina books, but I don't really want to let go of the change for all of that gear just yet...don't want to spend on pedals yet because I'd rather play them through a good amp, don't want to buy the good amp just yet because I don't like spending that much money (and I know, for some people $1,000 on an amp isn't so much money, but for me dropping half of that on anything just feels like too much at this point in my life,) and don't need the guitars because I've got an SG which I love--and yet, despite how much I love my SG, I still have GAS for other guitars with relative consistency, so...

As to the Hemingway book, I could borrow it from the library, so I don't need to buy it, really.

I guess that leaves the Stetina books. I think I'll go for the Metal Lead #1 book this time around--as of yet I've only worked my way through Metal Rhythm #1 and, great though it is, I've already gone through it a few times and I'm ready to move on.

Again, as a Jew I don't do the tree thing.

But I hope Christmas this year is great, for all of those who celebrate!

Well...

My list for Santa includes a Deluxe Reverb, an Explorer, a Jetter GSG, a Dunlop Wah...a copy of Ernest Hemingway: The Collected Stories, the rest of Troy Stetina's Metal Rhythm Guitar/Metal Lead Guitar instructional books (they're fantastic, for those unfamiliar with his material.) Yeah, that's about it.

...Analogman Sunface...MXR Micro Chorus...Devi Ever Disaster Fuzz...

...ZVex Fuzz Factory...Maxon AD-9...

That should be about it...

...Dean Cadillac Select...Maxon OD-9...

But seeing as how Santa doesn't exist, and if he did he wouldn't bring me presents because I'm Jewish, it's up to me to finish college, get a good job and be able to afford this sh*t myself...Well, I can handle the Hemingway book, and the Troy Stetina books, but I don't really want to let go of the change for all of that gear just yet...don't want to spend on pedals yet because I'd rather play them through a good amp, don't want to buy the good amp just yet because I don't like spending that much money (and I know, for some people $1,000 on an amp isn't so much money, but for me dropping half of that on anything just feels like too much at this point in my life,) and don't need the guitars because I've got an SG which I love--and yet, despite how much I love my SG, I still have GAS for other guitars with relative consistency, so...

As to the Hemingway book, I could borrow it from the library, so I don't need to buy it, really.

I guess that leaves the Stetina books. I think I'll go for the Metal Lead #1 book this time around--as of yet I've only worked my way through Metal Rhythm #1 and, great though it is, I've already gone through it a few times and I'm ready to move on.

Again, as a Jew I don't do the tree thing.

But I hope Christmas this year is great, for all of those who celebrate!

happy Hanukkah? hey, you have more day than I do [flapper] maybe you'll get what you want! [biggrin]

happy Hanukkah? hey, you have more day than I do [flapper] maybe you'll get what you want! [biggrin]

Actually, you know what the really crazy thing is? I hate receiving gifts--I like having the satisfaction of having worked for my belongings. Also, I always feel awkward with accepting gifts--like I can't thank someone enough.

As big as my wish list is, I really wouldn't feel comfortable with accepting any of the items as gifts.

Actually, you know what the really crazy thing is? I hate receiving gifts--I like having the satisfaction of having worked for my belongings. Also, I always feel awkward with accepting gifts--like I can't thank someone enough.

As big as my wish list is, I really wouldn't feel comfortable with accepting any of the items as gifts.

I concur. However I don't think I'd turn down a '59 Lester signed by Jimmy Page. B)

Happy holidays TehBeast.......I enjoy your threads and posts..

On my list ??? For Christmas I already recieved a new amp, two more mikes, two guitars, and a bit more.

Anything else is for my gal, my two cats, and my avitar who works hard without pay...

I do need parts for my new guitar build though...

Enjoy your holidays...school is so important...[thumbup]

This is whats on my Christmas list this year:

0968024021_xl.jpg

The Fender Sonoran. Strat neck on an acoustic body! msp_thumbup.gif

This has also been on my list for a few years:

shelby-mustang-gt500-1967.jpg

It's a 1967 Shelby GT500. My dream car. Maybe I'll get it this year! msp_flapper.gif

Well its christams time again so yay! Whats on your list for santa? just hope it isnt

another stupid piece of coal this year [glare] Im pretty excited.

but my tree is pretty sad this year. I got a tree ths about 2 feet taller than what I usually get

and now I dont have enough ornaments and stuff for it [scared] LOL

Whack two feet off the bottom, then make wreaths out of the bottom branches. B)

No charge.

Whack two feet off the bottom, then make wreaths out of the bottom branches. B)

No charge.

meh...too lazy to take all the ornaments off, take it off the stand, cut off branches

and put it back up. my cousins and relatives will just have to deal with it [flapper]

Archived