Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Gibson videos

gregsguitardotnet

Actually several people have had problems with the audio , I have no idea why, I use a USB cable to pro Shure mic, maybe the user settings need tweaking. As far as being a better player, these videos were made to showcase the guitars (not the player)using the same simple chords and runs in each video for comparisons. I do appreciate the feedback and take no insult what so ever. Thanks for looking at them . I will check mic on my end and may re-record. Greg.

Guess the C&W is D'Artagnan.....what?

Ouuh, just a little game from my camp - D'Artagnan was the brave and flamboyant young man who became the forth member of The Three Musketeers in Dumas classic adventure.

The last of the quartet and eventually the 'special one'.

(Guess you saw the film as a kid.)

Actually several people have had problems with the audio , I have no idea why, I use a USB cable to pro Shure mic, maybe the user settings need tweaking. As far as being a better player, these videos were made to showcase the guitars (not the player)using the same simple chords and runs in each video for comparisons. I do appreciate the feedback and take no insult what so ever. Thanks for looking at them . I will check mic on my end and may re-record. Greg.

Guess the C&W is D'Artagnan.....what?

Sorry Greg, I didn't intend the comment to be mean......I was hoping to see some more extensive playing demonstration of the guitars sound and capabilities. Thanks for taking the time to make the videos and supplying us with food for thought.

No offense taken, one does not learn to ride without a stumble here and there, I am open to any and all suggestions as I am trying to go from writing my monthly blog / article "The Vintage Guitar News and Views" to a bi-monthly written and supplementation with my videos as well. Armed with a laptop and a halfway decent mike. On a brighter note "Premier Guitar magazine" is doing an article featuring one of my original 1952 all gold Les Paul standard guitars and has another down the pipe on that mint New York factory Epiphone Emperor Zephyr Regent as well. Tonequest magazine will also be featuring an interview with me as well in the near future, So all in all life is good and it looks like 15 years of love ,devotion and hard work will eventually pay off. \:D/

Sorry Greg, I didn't intend the comment to be mean......I was hoping to see some more extensive playing demonstration of the guitars sound and capabilities. Thanks for taking the time to make the videos and supplying us with food for thought.

You and I both, I am a garage band hack at best when it comes to playing abilities, I have far more love for the guitars themselves than chops...

You and I both, I am a garage band hack at best when it comes to playing abilities, I have far more love for the guitars themselves than chops...

You are not alone in this! But by golly, I bang away at it every day as nothing makes me happier! I hope you're able to sort out the audio issues and have another stab at it. Beautiful guitars you have there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived