Gibson Brands Forums

New Amp Day

Artie Owl

Hey Guys, Christmas came early for me, I picked up a Fender Mustang II and I'm really looking forward to using the computer connectivity it comes with. That way I won't have to buy a recording device or software.

I also got a Boss Power Stack ST-2, because it's Christmas and because it came recommended when I did my "which boss pedal should I get" Thread.

I'll get pictures and a decent review after playing around with it them more.

Now comes the unboxing!

Merry Christmas!

Great! Congrats..... Explain, the computer compatibility thing built into the amp...

Well, it's nothing too fancy, but the Mustang II has a built in USB port on the amp itself. The box comes with a usb cable and software from Ableton and Fuse by Fender to allow for recording and preset customization, basic multi-track editing etc. now I can plug directly into my mac without having to invest in a lot of extra gear. Great for the weekend warrior, probably not as much for active gigging musicians but I don't know.

As for the amp I was just playing it for the last hour or so, and it is a GREAT practice amp. I was playing with the headphones plugged in and really giving it to it on all the different presets and it held up. I highly recommend this amp to anyone just starting or for anyone in need of a great versatile digital amp, I am extremely satisfied with my purchase as it was only 200$ american.

The pedal I've yet to try, I don't think I'll get to it tonight, it's been a busy day, but I promise I will.

Cheers!

Archived