Gibson Brands Forums

Right before I leave to record...

Silenced Fred

Would it be pre amp or power tubes? It has 6L6 and 12AX7

This is where I was telling you to plug your guitar straight into the effects return Don't plug anything into the send. It should be loud as hell because you are bypassing all the volume and tone stages of the pre-amp. If you still have the same problem then you know it is possibly a power tube or something in the power amp section. I

If not then it is most likely a pre-amp tube or a problem in the pre-amp section.

Trust me on this!

And does it do it wirthout the guitar plugged in at all?

This is where I was telling you to plug your guitar straight into the effects return Don't plug anything into the send. It should be loud as hell because you are bypassing all the volume and tone stages of the pre-amp. If you still have the same problem then you know it is possibly a power tube or something in the power amp section. I

If not then it is most likely a pre-amp tube or a problem in the pre-amp section.

Trust me on this!

And does it do it wirthout the guitar plugged in at all?

Yeah, with no guitar in, it still does this. Leaving in about 5 minutes to go see my dad's friend to look at my amp. I'm hoping its just a tube or something.

Thanks guys, and I know I frustrated some of you by being really cautious, but I just don't want to mess around with it and have it end negatively for myself.

Thanks

Sorry I'm late, haven't read all of the thread and don't know if someone asked this already...

Did the amp start giving you trouble before the tube change or after it? If it started acting strange only after you changed the tubes you should check if they are all properly installed (all the way down). Maybe one of the tubes is faulty?

Archived