Gibson Brands Forums

Took the G-400 off the wall today

cjlandry

Those Phat Cat pickups sure offer a broad tonal range when plugged into the Vox AC4 head.

I had a blast just switching around between pickups and adjusting the four pots. Much more diverse possibilities than with my HB-equipped guitars.

I'm so looking forward to putting the Kent Armstrong HB-sized P90's in the Dot.

Gotta love that G400! Been playing mine (After a 6 month stay in it's case) and I love it. Deeper tone than the Jr I use as my workhorse, different than my Gibson MM. AND it feels so much different! Nice to have a few different axes to play with!

My main guitar stand (3 headed hercules) gets the guitars it holds swapped semi regularly, just so I can get to play with something different every so often. Haven't had my G400 custom out for a while, might be time it got a run.

My Daughter's boyfriend recently played my stock Epi G-400 Custom and he loved it-even saying it was better in every way than his similar '02 Gibson SG.I wouldn't ever consider changing the pickups in this puppy as I'd be very afraid of ruining the sound.Through one of my old JCM 800s she wails like a banshee with PMS.On the other hand through my Blues Jr. with all 3 pups engaged she has a real mellow jazzy sound.

My Daughter's boyfriend recently played my stock Epi G-400 Custom and he loved it-even saying it was better in every way than his similar '02 Gibson SG.I wouldn't ever consider changing the pickups in this puppy as I'd be very afraid of ruining the sound.Through one of my old JCM 800s she wails like a banshee with PMS.On the other hand through my Blues Jr. with all 3 pups engaged she has a real mellow jazzy sound.

I don't suppose I'd go changing pickups in one of those.

Mine was a bargain buy because apparently no one else wanted the Pirates graphics, so I got a G-400 for $250. I ain't complaining, and I can do anything I want without fear of messing up a classic guitar.

Archived