Gibson Brands Forums

Boss pedals

Silenced Fred

I think andy and chan pretty well hit it.

I have a Boss Leslie emulator that works quite well for what I want it for. That's not as good as I'd like, but the thing is built like a tank and is far preferable to schlepping the real thing Leslie.

Other sorts of pedals... well, yeah, I think Andy kinda it it in that sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't. <grin>

I have a hunch that beyond questions of durability, a lotta folks are looking at pedals that will somehow emulate what they perceive is the sound they've heard from another artist or that has some other special quality. Given the importance of guitar and amp in that chain, I'm not sure how much the pedal may be "at fault" when it's a third of a chain at most. A different guitar or amp may bring a different choice to get a given perceived sound.

m

It doesn't matter.

If you think a Deja whatsis Hot Poo pedal gives you that tone in your head, and it costs a hunnert an eleven two thirty-seven dollars, that's the pedal you're gonna get. If you think it's a Boss DS-2, THAT's the pedal you're gonna get.

Coming into a forum and saying "You're wrong because I tried it and it sucked" only means YOU couldn't get YOUR tone out of it.

The gear is whatever it takes to get the sound.

The gear is whatever it takes to get the sound.

Exactly...Obviously Boss isn't doing too bad and just because I dont like em, there's obviously alot that do and use em to get "there" sound...but I am with Dub that there durability is over-rated...It'd be cool to see a pedal "stress" test against various pedal housing's and switches.

Archived