Gibson Brands Forums

Does The Perfect LP Custom Model (for me) Exist?

69 Son

I'm gassing for an LP Custom, severely but I have some specs that I need for it to be perfect for me. It's got to be:

1. Chambered (or at least under 9 lbs)

2. only a tad thicker neck profile than a 60's Slim.

3. Available in Wine, Oxblood, or Black.

4. Under $3K Street (used is OK)

I've been looking at the '68 Custom RI but I haven't seen one in the finishes above or that's consistent with the slimmer neck/light weight. Seems every model will have two of those specs.... Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Since Every Gibson neck is a little different, your only option is to try everyone ever made . until to find the right one. That shouldn't take to long , you think? lol!!!!! or get one that's close and get the neck shaved down to your liking. IMO, I think it would be much faster this way, and you would have more time to play it than to test guitars. Just saying......

Jamman

I don't know first hand but apparently Guitar Center sells '68RIs with slim necks. I don't think they come in any of those colours, though.

I have a '68RI that's 9.5 lbs and that's on the lighter side for these guitars. The neck is also pretty fat.

Have a look at this website. Chambered Customs definitely exist but you may or may not find one with a thin neck. http://www.chambered-reissue.org/

You COULD search your entire life trying to find the guitar with all of these features.....but if you find it and the sound is crap, then what? Just buy the best sounding, best feeling Les Paul you can afford, and I bet you will play it enough that you adapt to it :) I enjoy how each and every one of my guitars feels so incredibly different from each other. I guess I just like them all, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived