Gibson Brands Forums

real cherry 1960 es 335 I own one. Whats the value of this? I saw the reissues going for about $4000

redgibson

I think it was originally Swleary on here who did that at first, I'm just a copy cat.

Well, I personally think "RG" should send his 1960 Cherry-Red ES335 to me for a careful evaluation. I'd rather owe it back to him for the rest of my life than cheat him out of it!

That's a guitar from my childhood. It belonged to my best friend's brother....oh man..... I wonder what he did with it.......

Check out Gruhn's Guitars.

Here : http://www.gruhn.com/

Go to 'Inventory'.

In their Gibson Hollow-body section at the moment there is a 1960 335 (Sunburst) with some non-original parts priced at $20,000.

Whether it sells for that price is, of course, another matter.

Many things will have a huge bearing on the value of your instrument. How much of it is original? Does it have the original case etc...etc...

It's certainly going to be worth a reasonable sum and, if totally original, rather a large amount indeed.

P.

Provided it's in good condition, it's probably the perfect guitar for just about any kind of (electric) music. You must be looking to insure, and not to sell! (OK, so maybe a sunburst 1959 would be true perfection, mainly for the neck profile, but a cherry red 335, from the original dot era, long pick-guard, oh come on, it's even in the colour for 335s... You really can't sell it, just play it, and post the videos for us all to see.)

Check out Gruhn's Guitars.

Here : http://www.gruhn.com/

Go to 'Inventory'.

In their Gibson Hollow-body section at the moment there is a 1960 335 (Sunburst) with some non-original parts priced at $20,000.

Whether it sells for that price is, of course, another matter.

Many things will have a huge bearing on the value of your instrument. How much of it is original? Does it have the original case etc...etc...

It's certainly going to be worth a reasonable sum and, if totally original, rather a large amount indeed.

P.

Ah Pippy, what's it to be? The 1960 ES 335 or the Romanée-Conti? See, if it were Johnny Depp, despite the fact that he's also a guitarist, I imagine that he would take (to) the bottle, but then he's as mad as a hatter, and he also takes to the bottle neck rather a lot when he plays the guitar. He has to get his slides from somewhere. It's the 335 for me though...

Ah Pippy, what's it to be? The 1960 ES 335 or the Romanée-Conti? See, if it were Johnny Depp, despite the fact that he's also a guitarist, I imagine that he would take (to) the bottle, but then he's as mad as a hatter, and he also takes to the bottle neck rather a lot when he plays the guitar. He has to get his slides from somewhere. It's the 335 for me though...

LOL!

As long as he dresses the edge of the glass properly he would be fine.

Ah well....back to the 'Blue Nun' in the fridge........

P.

Archived