Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

retrosurfer1959

Well it had been over a year but I broke down and bought a SG faded today I wanted something to mod that I wouldn't mind doing some minor drilling and stuff.

Already started pulling everything out and I am going to install a set of P-Rails and a couple of three way mini switches to control the P-Rails. that I bought a year or so ago but was never willing to damage a guitar to install them. I don't really like SG models anyway so I wont feel to bad if this one turns into a guitar just for modding and testing.

Ill post the pics when the P-rails are installed.

Well it had been over a year but I broke down and bought a SG faded today I wanted something to mod that I wouldn't mind doing some minor drilling and stuff.

Already started pulling everything out and I am going to install a set of P-Rails and a couple of three way mini switches to control the P-Rails. that I bought a year or so ago but was never willing to damage a guitar to install them. I don't really like SG models anyway so I wont feel to bad if this one turns into a guitar just for modding and testing.

Ill post the pics when the P-rails are installed.

What about new pots and caps? When I changed mine in my Studio, it made a big difference.

Yep didn't even think to mention that but I got a prewired set from RS guitar works so everything is going to be replaced as part of the rewire.

Cool! You should put in a Maestro Trem (If you are into that) when Vibramate comes out with that version.

Well it doesn't HAVE to be on an SG. That Firebird would be a prime candidate [thumbup]

I could have sworn you ordered a 339.

I did. But I felt I didn't need it. I thought I couldn't play well enough to justify a new Gibby.

So I cancelled the order and got my JCA....Getting the tone I want is now much more important than any more guitars.

The firebird isn't mine....just a pic online....

I really should change it.Thats the 2nd time someone thought it was mine.

I knew it wasn't yours because I asked you about it like a week ago haha.

I know what you mean. I'd much rather buy pedals and amps at this point.

I still have GAS though... I'm only human.

[lol]

I'm good with my LP now....maybe a strat or tele for variety to get the best type of tone.

I can't wait to get some more pedals and amps

[biggrin]

Archived