Gibson Brands Forums

The Legal Moral High Ground

damian

Don't worry. Your lawyer will handle all the details and you'll only need to worry about yourself.

I wouldn't try to figure out the details of all the legal stuff. If you have a lawyer, they will educate you about the law. If you don't hire a lawyer and the other guys do, then nothing can help you. Not praying, not nothing. Being right is a only small part of winning a court case.

Thank you for the positive support of all kinds and from all angles......It does help.......

I am in the legal right as well......

For the three negative posts; that's OK, not a problem....negativity will always exist.....

I have been sparring legally on this for a year now....It is a legitimate fight.....I will win......

The legal system is what it is.....It is important to understand it......

I have worked hard to learn...Quite a few lawyers tell me I know more than they do.......

Of course I take this with grains of salt....My involvement in the fields of law have been

both peripheal and 'engaged'....No need to explain yet......I worked as a shop steward for

years, and the Union's in-house lawyer wondered why I was so persistant in upholding and

insisting upon the rights of wrongs to be fixed..And she said I should be an attorney.

I sparred with a couple of Oregon's top prosecuters and sent them running to mommy...

I advacate for the disabled when I can...I've been offered schooling..in law.........

I must abide by the rules of SSD, my health, God, and my conscience..

This thread is about words of support....and thank you all.....

Any more posters with negativity; start yer own anti-Damian thread...

Be a troll, it's been done before................

This is a thread of positivity....................and support..........

And yeah, there will be media coverage when I win.........

and what are the 3 negative posts? as I recall you asked for prayers, and that's what you got from me. I got minussed twice for it? Funny!

Once again, thank you all, and thank you Cookieman and Wack King..........

It all continues........two separate battles at once....It is suffice to say that both opponents are aware of the eventual outcome....

Thank you all for all the posts.....This will be ongoing for some time to come....This is a music forum, so I won't update

until I win the first battle...I simply wanted to add a quick post of sincere thank you to ALL of you guys....

I think very highly of ALL of you......Carry on, rock on, and continue to be the awesome folks that you all truly are.......

damien:

best of luck to you and my best wishes. i have only been on here for 3 days, and i can't say i know you, nor what you are going through. it is hard to agree with you and hard to pray for something not knowing what it is. (i understand that you may be obligated not to talk about it). but i do understand fear. and i understand being screwd by the machine. i do understand being incapacitated mentally and emotionally and being brought down by circumstance. this does not make one not a man, this is something that happens to men.

my take, my stance, is that it is not a matter of winning and loosing. it is a matter of trying to be right. and trying to do the best we can to that end. if you are truly in the right, and you are ruled against, then the judge has to rule wrong to judge against you. if the other side has to lie or withhold the truth to win, they have to do wrong to do so. if the laws are such that they have a right to do what is wrong to you, then the law is wrong. if all these things are against you, is that going to be a reflection on you? are winning and being right the same? if not, then you should release yourself of the stress of what others will do or what side of right or wrong they will decide to take.

you ask for prayers so i will say to you that i believe in god, and sometimes that is the only thing that gets me through. god can handle anything, sure enough, and i no longer care for anything except doing what god thinks i should do. i don't always know what that is, but that is the effort. and i see around me, around us, that things are changing to the point that doing wrong to each other is what is expected, but i choose not to play that game. if someone wishes to do wrong to me, they will. i will not let them, i will to the best of my ability give them a choice to do right or wrong to me. god gives us a choice, and i believe we are choosing. pray we choose right.

i pray that god is with you on this and that you are able to do what is right, and that you are rewarded with that with rest. if god is behind you, who can be against you?

Came to this one late. Sorry Damian.

You know. As always, best wishes.

P.

Ah yes Pippy, thank you as always........

damien:

best of luck to you and my best wishes. i have only been on here for 3 days, and i can't say i know you, nor what you are going through. it is hard to agree with you and hard to pray for something not knowing what it is. (i understand that you may be obligated not to talk about it). but i do understand fear. and i understand being screwd by the machine. i do understand being incapacitated mentally and emotionally and being brought down by circumstance. this does not make one not a man, this is something that happens to men.

my take, my stance, is that it is not a matter of winning and loosing. it is a matter of trying to be right. and trying to do the best we can to that end. if you are truly in the right, and you are ruled against, then the judge has to rule wrong to judge against you. if the other side has to lie or withhold the truth to win, they have to do wrong to do so. if the laws are such that they have a right to do what is wrong to you, then the law is wrong. if all these things are against you, is that going to be a reflection on you? are winning and being right the same? if not, then you should release yourself of the stress of what others will do or what side of right or wrong they will decide to take.

you ask for prayers so i will say to you that i believe in god, and sometimes that is the only thing that gets me through. god can handle anything, sure enough, and i no longer care for anything except doing what god thinks i should do. i don't always know what that is, but that is the effort. and i see around me, around us, that things are changing to the point that doing wrong to each other is what is expected, but i choose not to play that game. if someone wishes to do wrong to me, they will. i will not let them, i will to the best of my ability give them a choice to do right or wrong to me. god gives us a choice, and i believe we are choosing. pray we choose right.

i pray that god is with you on this and that you are able to do what is right, and that you are rewarded with that with rest. if god is behind you, who can be against you?

Stein, welcome to the forums; a wonderful place with many many good guys, and lots of great info....Good to have you aboard.....Thank you for your post...Very nice, accurate, and very encouraging, thank you..

And once again, welcome aboard....There are no bad apples here, only great threads, good posts, and a really cool moderator.................

and what are the 3 negative posts? as I recall you asked for prayers, and that's what you got from me. I got minussed twice for it? Funny!

Not sure about that one. I gave you a +1 to cancel one - 1 out. I think maybe your intent was misunderstood perhaps.

Y'all didn't haffta do that...... Really, just wondering what was up, not caring about my "rep", lol. But thanks for the nice gesture [thumbup]! [smile]

And a +1 one for your great guitar playing and music, and for your dedication to faith..........and your great posts...

Dang it!! Andy, I was trying to plus you, and by mistake minused you [cursing] . I post from my phone and the + and - are very close on the touch screen and duh!! Sorry, maybe some pals can balance you out plus plus ya for me.... Thanks. Dang it, lol.

What makes you think that you are on the moral high ground? I'm sorry but not knowing the situation I will not pray for you to "win." Nor will I pray for you to "lose." I've met a lot of people who thought in their mind they were right and clearly they were not.

I will pray for God's will to be done and leave it at that.

"I will pray for God's will to be done and leave it at that."

perhaps you should have just started and ended with this and moved on if you felt so compelled to contribute something here. SYK I didn't contribute to your -1's you have.

Dang it!! Andy, I was trying to plus you, and by mistake minused you [cursing] . I post from my phone and the + and - are very close on the touch screen and duh!! Sorry, maybe some pals can balance you out plus plus ya for me.... Thanks. Dang it, lol.

OHHHH I SEE HOW IT IS NOW BUDDY!!@! Ha ha just kiddin' not a problem! I'm not about the rep points either but it does suck to get an electronic "booh" from someone anonymously when you were trying to be magnanimous....

Joaquin, aka, the Whack King, in his origional post said, " I pray for God's will, and that in the end, He will be glorified."

Perhaps, the O.P. , in his stress at the time of the above post felt that the mix of religion and ambiguity in the structure of the wording was ambiguous in it's meaning and intent.....

And the O.P. was left with a loss of the poster's intent of the meaning of his post......And I was......Regardless....

Perhaps Joaquin will know who's sayings I refer to from in this short phrase from one of my published songs;

" Sirach says, a true friend will fight...Sirach says, a real friend is right."

Sex, politics, religion, and the Gibson X guitar thingee are frowned upon here by the powers that run this sandbox....

I actually am overwhelmed at the support shown and shared on this thread......I was away from this forum for 16 days, yeah, I know, that was a sin !!!!!!!!!!

Point is, you care, I care, and many threads on this forum show and prove that we care about each other's well being......and this is good......

Am I scared ?? Yup.............I state that we all forget sometimes that we are all alive, and that in being so is the first battle won.......

And what is even cooler is that us guys on this forum are all musicians and and an informal " family " of sorts because we choose to be this little informal family of sorts........

It is so easy to think that that means nothing at all, but, come on, you know it does............

Now, how do we help Kimbabig get his damn long hair split ends cut, how do we get dem00n to post some of his jazz music, and whom among us is going to contribute some stray hair

to get S T E V E a bleepin' wig....WTF.....And which of us is going to win Andy's Guitar when he raffles it off for charity ??????

And has Nathan found true showertone yet ????? I kinda like you guys, but none of you have told how to get Slashtone, WTF ??????? [cursing][scared][crying] :unsure: [flapper]:rolleyes: .......

Archived