Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Tele

chase1410

Hey guys, I always keep an eye out on my local CL for anything musically related, and I came upon this...I'm almost tempted to offer him some sort of trade, or at least try it out...seems pretty well made, and if there true lollar pickups, that alone is half the price...The only thing I really dont like is the surfer inlays on the body...here's the link, would love to hear some opinions...

http://omaha.craigslist.org/msg/2201564804.html

3mb3p63lb5Y55Z45P6b276bb6c44e01d517a2.jpg

Dang.. That's a tough one.

It looks ugly as hell (to me at least) but it might be totally awesome sounding and playing. I was gonna say maybe you could paint it (I don't know how well the paint would adhere to the inlays) but then you'd be in pretty deep on cash.

Yikes, that body inlay is . . . . different.

The body looks like ash or oak, not mahogany.

I'd be interested in the pups. Let's see $600 buy. Swap in some cheaper pups. The put it up for sale - but damn, that "exotic" body inlay might be a tough sell even at $300 or $400.

I thought the body looked like ash too.

Have you checked out musikraft.com? You could throw together a totally *****in custom Tele from there.

Also I got my American Standard Tele for $650 in PERFECT condition and I love it. It sounds awesome stock. I haven't even thought about changing the pickups or anything.

Just throwin a couple things out there...

Yikes, that body inlay is . . . . different.

The body looks like ash or oak, not mahogany.

I'd be interested in the pups. Let's see $600 buy. Swap in some cheaper pups. The put it up for sale - but damn, that "exotic" body inlay might be a tough sell even at $300 or $400.

After looking at the body more carefully..that's not mahogany..your right, it definitely looks like oak...but yea..its that horrendous body inlay that's keeping me from having serious interest.

Archived