Gibson Brands Forums

What I just finished

Trewblue

just installed new GFS Vintage '59 pup's in my LP. Thanks to Animalfarm for helping w/ some tech advice!!

stock pu's

001ouk.jpg

both stock pu's ready to remove-bridge and stop bar also removed. the red wire from the neck pu goes through a hole and comes out in the bridge cavity. then both pu wires red(neck)-black(bridge) go through a hole and come out in the control cavity on the back of the guitar.

003ixu.jpg

the red and black wire at the top of the picture are from the pu's

004pc.jpg

finished project--These pu's sound great-lots of crunch and clean up nicely. it's like a brand new git.

006gnn.jpg

Congratulations, Trew. Can you tell me the LP model name (and color) of that nice git? Also is the top carved or flat?

I hear so much good things about these GFS pickups. I'll definitely give them a try when I buy new pups. I'm glad to see another sucessful project completed. Thanks animalfarm for your service to these forums.

P.S. Yes, I agree, the guitar looks better with the two-tone bobbins.

That's what this Forum is all about - Boasting, Passing info

back and forth, and HELPING each other out if possible!

There are MANY members who step up and assist when possible, I'm thinking

of 5 or 6 right now. And some of them actually know what they're doing! [thumbup]

No "Turning Up the Nose" around here. After all, We are..........

Flo-Post-090710-1.jpg

Congratulations, Trew. Can you tell me the LP model name (and color) of that nice git? Also is the top carved or flat?

I hear so much good things about these GFS pickups. I'll definitely give them a try when I buy new pups. I'm glad to see another sucessful project completed. Thanks animalfarm for your service to these forums.

P.S. Yes, I agree, the guitar looks better with the two-tone bobbins.

It's an Arctic Blue Studio and its a carved top. When I was doing the mods I found out that the body is a solid piece of wood not layers. Also, the pick guard is from http://www.greasygroove.com/

Trew

Archived