Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Melody Maker Explorer in Satin Ebony

LarryUK

Andertons are advertising some guitars that don't make sense.

http://www.andertons...satin-ebony.asp

Neither does their next day delivery promise...

Several months back we had an issue with them over an amp that after dozens of phone calls back and forth and them changing their story call to call, just didn't arrive...

Eventually three weeks later (and the manager involved) they apologised sincerely refunded our money and said the amp had been sent to three wrong depots and was listed as lost. Then; after ordering the Blues Jnr from GAK, (which arrived the next day msp_thumbup.gif) the missing Blackstar was delivered to our house! LOL. We are not dishonest people and phoned them to tell them that the amp they thought was stolen has arrived at our house. I said in the week wasn't possiblebut Sat was a good day to pick up from us. You wont believe this, the guy on the other end said to my wife couldn't she take it to work and then they can collect it from her work in the week?

My wife told me this after getting off the phone and I was livid. She is a special needs teacher and there isn't much of her, so for her to carry an amp all the way from her car to the classroom (on the third floor) would have been near impossible for her...I phoned back and insisted as this was all their screw up they should collect when it is convenient to us...

In short - a very ropey service and I would never use Andertons again

Matt

Sorry to hear about the Anderton's experience Matt.

If it was me who had that call I'd have said pick it up on ---day or it's forfeited...

As for the MM Ex...

Could it be a thinline solid-body like a Melody-Maker with all the appropriate fittings but in an Explorer-shaped body???

P.

Archived