Gibson Brands Forums

GUITAR HERO TAKEN OFF MARKET!!!

jaxson50

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Franchises like Guitar Hero and Rockband were a new way for artists to sell their tracks to the masses without having to worry about pirating.

It was a bit of a renaissance of single track and album sales.

Anecdotally, I heard a couple years ago that Aerosmith made more from the game than any of their albums.

Not in total album sales mind you (they've sold a bunch of 'em) but more than any single album.

When I saw Joe Perry 18 months ago, I don't even recall if his name was on the bus - it was pretty understated.

But it had a bigass Guitar Hero logo on it.

Follow the money, eh?

Anecdotally, I heard a couple years ago that Aerosmith made more from the game than any of their albums.

Not in total album sales mind you (they've sold a bunch of 'em) but more than any single album.

When I saw Joe Perry 18 months ago, I don't even recall if his name was on the bus - it was pretty understated.

Follow the money, eh?

Thanks for that, I needed a bit of validation from all the typing I've been doing in this thread.

OK I get it...It like when we were young and we waxed our rockets, practicing for the real thing..but the real thing was so much better...

That's a new one one me. :rolleyes:

Lol, I missed you guys!

I know I'm late replying but my sig hasn't changed so I have to share the joy with those who think GH is bleh.

I did appreciate the way GH got kids interested in songs they might not have heard otherwise. Yeah, so the singers were not the originals and the music was diluted, but these gamers might have taken the time to look the real stuff up and increased sales for an artist that would have otherwise not have been given a listen.

GH's redemption didn't come from getting kids to play guitar, it came from getting them to listen to music.

You're sig brings up a valid point. I watched some boys playing GH at the local WalMuts. After a while I did see there was some redeeming qualities to the video game. It did teach them about timing and how to listen to the beat of the music to know when to anticpate coming in. Therefore let's just call GH a guitar like object for drummers. [flapper]

Follow the money, eh?

Sure why not. If they're paying for the gas to keep that land ark on the road.....

Archived