Gibson Brands Forums

Nylon saddle

gta05

I haven't put on "graph-tech" saddles (yet) on my LP Junior. I intend to try it. I have broken a couple high E strings (due to agressive playing style and string bending). I'm hoping the graphite impregnated plastic saddles will reduce string breaking, will not decrease the "twang" factor and possibly improve tuning stability. I think string height and "action" have more effect on "string bending" than the type of material the saddles are made from. Maybe not [confused]

Gta.....and anyone that may know.

I do not have, nor have I ever used the string saver saddles.

So first things first. I have no idea how they would make string bends easier.

They will change the tone of the string increasing the mid range. This I interpret to say there will be less high end.

From Graph-Tech web sight:

* Reduces string breakage

* Increases sustain

* Improves midrange depth

* Super lubricating

* Improves tuning

* Corrosion resistant

* Inspires confidence

My biggest concern would be how your strings are grounded. Bridge ground or tailpiece ground? (most Epis are bridge)

On the strat and tele page of the graphtech website scroll scroll down to the pictures of their saddles.

In the top row they have one set that they advertise as "electrically conductive". They make no such claims with any of their other products, including any of their saddles made for Tune-O-Matic bridges.

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=13

I'm always open to learning something new. Maybe others can educate me.

Willy

Gta,

Well, as Calors says, "You can try it and tell us."

If it doesn't work out you can always change them back.

I'm still wondering about the grounding issue. Keep in mind that if Joe had a grounding problem it is well within his means to have a ground wire rerouted to his tailpiece.

Let us know how it works out if you try it.

Willy

Archived