Gibson Brands Forums

Wank, Wank, Wank

crust

Why ?

[confused]

The title of the post implies something totally different, and somewhat less savoury, in English to American - to whit in English he appears to be infering that he is so enamoured of his guitar that he has become somewhat onanistic about it.

In American I believe it refers to overindulgent 'shredding' when playing a guitar.

All kidding aside - and yeah, the terminology isn't terribly appropriate for younger children regardless of national origin - I haven't seen much nice about this particular guitar in terms of review.

What I've read is that the build is pretty nice, but that the pups are muddy. Frankly since I have to get everything off the web due to distances, that made me make another choice for a semi - a nice standard Dot.

????

m

All kidding aside - and yeah, the terminology isn't terribly appropriate for younger children regardless of national origin - I haven't seen much nice about this particular guitar in terms of review.

What I've read is that the build is pretty nice, but that the pups are muddy. Frankly since I have to get everything off the web due to distances, that made me make another choice for a semi - a nice standard Dot.

????

m

Did that sound "muddy" to you ?

The title of the post implies something totally different, and somewhat less savoury, in English to American - to whit in English he appears to be infering that he is so enamoured of his guitar that he has become somewhat onanistic about it.

In American I believe it refers to overindulgent 'shredding' when playing a guitar.

....the phrase "Fretwank" comes from the less savoury meaning of the word implying that the gentleman who is over indulgently playing is substituting his phallus with an electric guitar!

It IS a gorgeous guitar! I'm so used to Les Pauls, that when I had the

chance to play a Semi-hollow recently, "Mah Brane" had a real time making

the transition. Wasn't as easy as I expected. [cursing]

On an informative note, from the wikipedia:

Wank (mountain) - Wank (German pronunciation: [ˈvaŋk]) is a mountain in southern Germany.

The summit can be reached via the eponymous Wankbahn, a cable car system.

It is possible to both eat and sleep on the Wank at the Wank-Haus.

Leisure activities on the Wank:

It is possible for a fit person to reach it without major difficulty.

Wank webcam? Yes, there is one, according to wikipedia.

Who woulda known?

Archived