Gibson Brands Forums

Delay

Riptide

Hmmm. That's a tough one. To me, they both were warm, but the tones were slightly different. I wound up going with te CC, but that's just because I liked the sound a little more. Both the Mem Boy & Toy sound cool though. I'd recommend trying both the CC & Mem Boy out if you get a chance.

Okay thanks. You've been vary helpful since those were two I was looking at. [thumbup]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean about the MXR?

The MXR C.C. doesn't have a dry and wet output, it only has one... in other words, you can't run the pedal in stereo... a lot of people prefer to run delay in stereo because it has a more "3-D" effect than mono because the repeats ping/bounce back and forth and such... [thumbup]

hope that helps [biggrin]

anyone have any experience with the ibanez AD-9? the one thing about the MXR that makes me give pause is the lack of dry out.

thoughts?

I had one of the older ones from the 80's, and didn't like it much at all. It might have been a dud, but the delays were real muddy and muffled. It actually collected dust while I used a Memory Man and....a Danelectro Dan Echo(which is a killer pedal IMO)!!!

Archived