Gibson Brands Forums

Delay

Riptide

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DD7 and Echo Park are digital.

I know but I'm thinking of going for a digital delay with a analog setting even though it's not true analog... I like that there is a tap tempo and stuff like that on them. I was just using a friends Boss ME-70 and the analog mode on that is warm enough for me.

surprised no one has mentioned this besides you...great delay along with the CC...also put into consideration true-bypass, or buffered.

Way Huge is True Bypass like CC. The Difference is the CC is 600ms and Way Huge is 300. Plus CC has modulation and is smaller and compact.

Way Huge is True Bypass like CC. The Difference is the CC is 600ms and Way Huge is 300. Plus CC has modulation and is smaller and compact.

oh I know the Aqua Puss is TB..all of Way Huge's pedals are...I was talking about some of the other pedals listed in this post. I know there basically the same pedal, but some still prefer the Aqua Puss due to some minor difference in tone.

I've got a MXR Carbon Copy. I love it. I've read good reviews of the Aqua Puss. I want to check one of those out. I've played a Electro Harmonix Memory Toy, and I really dug that. They're fairly inexpensive as well. Cheers.

I've got a MXR Carbon Copy. I love it. I've read good reviews of the Aqua Puss. I want to check one of those out. I've played a Electro Harmonix Memory Toy, and I really dug that. They're fairly inexpensive as well. Cheers.

Could you hear any big differences between the Memory Toy and the Carbon Copy?

If I go analog it's down to EHX Memory Boy and MXR Carbon Copy

And if I go digital it's down to Line6 Echo Park and Boss DD7

They do sound a little different from one another, but both are cool. I haven't played a Mem Boy so I can't really say. I would imagine the Mem Boy and Toy sound similar.

I personally liked the sound of the Carbon Copy more, but that's just me.

I think the Mem Boy is a little less scratch.

They do sound a little different from one another, but both are cool. I haven't played a Mem Boy so I can't really say. I would imagine the Mem Boy and Toy sound similar.

I personally liked the sound of the Carbon Copy more, but that's just me.

I think the Mem Boy is a little less scratch.

Yeah I figured the Mem Boy and Toy would be similar. Was the CC warmer?

I've had a Carbon Copy and a DD-7 and think the analog setting on the DD-7 sound way better. Just sayin

I might have to try out the DD-7. I modded my DD-5 to have an "analogish" feel, but keep hearing good things about the 7.

I have a Carbon Copy and it is an analog delay masquerading as a digital delay. So why do I have it? It was cheap (got mine used off of a friend), it has that modulation switch, and I am not a delay snob like I am with fuzz and OD. When I was shopping for delay I thought the AquaPuss and AD999 sounded infinitely warmer and more organic.

To me the crème de la crème are the old Deluxe Memory Man pedals, but they discontinued them so used ones are $$$.

Versatility and analog don't go together. If you want versatility you need to go digital. If you buy analog it's just because you like the sound of analog.

That's true... that's my dilemma but I guess I'll just have to get both sometime down the road.

anyone have any experience with the ibanez AD-9? the one thing about the MXR that makes me give pause is the lack of dry out.

thoughts?

What do you mean about the MXR? I thought of the AD-9 as well but from what I've seen/heard it's not that great.

Yeah I figured the Mem Boy and Toy would be similar. Was the CC warmer?

Hmmm. That's a tough one. To me, they both were warm, but the tones were slightly different. I wound up going with te CC, but that's just because I liked the sound a little more. Both the Mem Boy & Toy sound cool though. I'd recommend trying both the CC & Mem Boy out if you get a chance.

Archived