Gibson Brands Forums

ngd Epi Les Paul

budglo

I just score a Epi Les Paul Standard at GC yesterday. I have been looking at humbucker guitars lately and a month ago scored a Dot and really wanted a Lester for my arsenal.I am really happy with this one.Its an Ebony with a bound fretboard and stock pickups. Looking for mod ideas for this guitar.What I dont like about it is the clean sound these pickups project.What pickups are most people putting in ? I want to stay away from SD 59s because thats what I plan on putting in my Dot .Thinking about maybe the Burstbuckers. Thanks in advance.

Hi, and welcome

I have an 09 Les Std, I ordered mine and had reissued PAF'S put in it, It has a clean side but really kicks when you need it.

I just score a Epi Les Paul Standard at GC yesterday. I have been looking at humbucker guitars lately and a month ago scored a Dot and really wanted a Lester for my arsenal.I am really happy with this one.Its an Ebony with a bound fretboard and stock pickups. Looking for mod ideas for this guitar.What I dont like about it is the clean sound these pickups project.What pickups are most people putting in ? I want to stay away from SD 59s because thats what I plan on putting in my Dot .Thinking about maybe the Burstbuckers. Thanks in advance.

HNGD and welcome

See if you can get Gibson Studio's pickups

On the Trade area here they go for $80-100 but you then sell yours

I bought some gold ones at $120 and sold the Epi's for $60

The other thing are switch craft jack & switch but prices can vary mine cost $40 in all for both these are more for lasting longer more than anything

I thought about the PAFs.The stock pickups sound decent overdriven, but are really lacking clean. When I think of a les paul clean , I think of Allman Bros Band type tones.For the money its hard to beat the Epis.Great guitars for the money.

Archived