Gibson Brands Forums

Locked iPhone

LarryUK

Does anyone here know if a locked iPhone 4 can be unlocked.

The reason being my phone co (Vodafone) have owed me £211 since November.

I've written, called etc. I keep getting told it'll be in my account within 8-10 days. Then after 10 days I call and the circle begins again.

I'm sick of it now. So, if it's not in by Friday I'm going to tell them to shove my contract and sell the phone.

Obviously they'll block me so can I unlock it after?

Does anyone here know if a locked iPhone 4 can be unlocked.

The reason being my phone co (Vodafone) have owed me £211 since November.

I've written, called etc. I keep getting told it'll be in my account within 8-10 days. Then after 10 days I call and the circle begins again.

I'm sick of it now. So, if it's not in by Friday I'm going to tell them to shove my contract and sell the phone.

Obviously they'll block me so can I unlock it after?

Ya it can be unlocked and unblocked should they do that. The unlock part is pretty simple and done at any phone shop. The unblocking part has to be done kinda on the side because if a council inspector asks to see a shops reports they have to show them and they aren't supposed to be unblocking phones, they could get fined. That being said, the block only works in the UK so if you ship it to me in the USA it will work no problem! I'll give you £150 [thumbup]

Unlocking the iphone is simple anymore as long as it is an update version that is currently supported by the unlocker. I have iphone 4 unlocked. I can look for the software I used and update version it supports.

Wow why such a short answer? I though we agreed your longer answers were very informative?

Just messing w ya...

[biggrin] I was looking for the software I used last time and what the current version was and what version it supports to try to make life easier for Lashurst. I do know a lot about the subject if you would like me to pontificate upon if further if you would like??[scared][woot]

If it hasn't already been said, once you unlock your device you can't update it through iTunes afterwards unless you want it to re-lock on you. Apple has been giving clients premium services for free like "Find my iPhone" for updating to 4.1 or 4.2 I can't remember, typically a paid feature on MobileMe, free if you update, but if you update you re-lock your phone.

You can unlock it and I'm sure Andy has a great link there. One of the guys I know says you basically have to put the iPad software on it to make it easier to unlock.

If it hasn't already been said, once you unlock your device you can't update it through iTunes afterwards unless you want it to re-lock on you. Apple has been giving clients premium services for free like "Find my iPhone" for updating to 4.1 or 4.2 I can't remember, typically a paid feature on MobileMe, free if you update, but if you update you re-lock your phone.

You can unlock it and I'm sure Andy has a great link there. One of the guys I know says you basically have to put the iPad software on it to make it easier to unlock.

True you usually have to wait, also best to wait before doing any itunes updates as well but then again there a lot of functions you get with a jailbreak you don't get with the update so to me it is a fair trade. The nice thing is with the newer jailbreaks you can save your non-app store apps with itunes now and some of the new stuff on the releases are things already available on the jailbreak Cydia app store. Wouldn't be surfing the net and posting on my Macbook with unlimited data plan without it! [biggrin] Now to watch some Netflix! LAter!

I'm using the new HTC Desire HD from Telus and it is a pretty hot phone. Just put a rom emulator on there for the SNES to try it out for the curious customers. As far as I know, any "crapware" as Jocko puts it is fairly minimal with Telus and this new device, and the memory is powerful enough that it doesn't drag it to a hault. If my friends and I weren't all BBM junkies I'd have this phone as my personal phone.

Apps I recommend to date for Android;

Bump (contact sharing)

Google Translate (Voice or text from English or to English from many languages)

Soundcloud (from the music sharing website)

iPhone;

Run Pee (tells you best times to go to the bathroom/concession during a movie, and updates you as to what you missed while you were gone)

Bump (see above)

Google Translate (see above)

Cheers,

Archived