Gibson Brands Forums

What size bridge pins in...

Triumph1050

...a 2003 Songwriter Deluxe?

I looked but couldnt find the info. I want to order some Colosi pins along with a B-comp bridge...and a nut maybe.

He probably knows but dont want to bug him on a Sunday.

So, if someone here can tell me if the 03 SWD pins are Size 1, 1.3T or 2A...I can get the order sent off from his website.

Thanks.

I think most take a 2A

Ggirl – I know you are pleased with your Colosi pins, but can you explain the difference they made for your SJ. I have been changing a bit back and forth f.x. between wood and plast and I'm never sure about what I hear. Maybe I'm just too swinging sensitive . .

A clue could suggest a direction.

Oh gawd, that is such a loaded question on this forum because there's 'the believers' and 'the non-believers' [biggrin]

I definitely hear a difference when changing out bridge pins. When I had rosewood pins in the sound was warm and muted. The Colosi pins, which are bone, seem to exaggerate the unique character of the guitar, so for Magic it created a chimier, richer mid-range with more sustain.

<ducking and running> [biggrin]

Oh gawd, that is such a loaded question on this forum because there's 'the believers' and 'the non-believers' [biggrin]

Sure – It takes guts to be a believer, , , and guts not to be.

Ain't your problem – You got ears.

My guitars sound different all the time. . .

Archived