Gibson Brands Forums

2011 Firebird Studio

69 Son

Looking at the limited runs for 2011, a Non-Reverse Firebird appeared! I've been looking for a non-reverse under $1500 or so. What do you Firebird guys think the "Studio" part means, i.e. what would be your guess as to features?

Looking at the limited runs for 2011, a Non-Reverse Firebird appeared! I've been looking for a non-reverse under $1500 or so. What do you Firebird guys think the "Studio" part means, i.e. what would be your guess as to features?

Do you have link?

Hmm... no pics of 2011 FB studio.

I got old series FB studio(discontinued), it has PAF full size humbuckers instead mini-humbuckers and Grover Mini tuners instead of banjo type Steinbergers.The neck is `60 slim taper.No idea is this new 2011 model similar.

Hmm... no pics of 2011 FB studio.

I got old series FB studio(discontinued), it has PAF full size humbuckers instead mini-humbuckers and Grover Mini tuners instead of banjo type Steinbergers.The neck is `60 slim taper.No idea is this new 2011 model similar.

I have the same... really interested in a 2011 if its out there

What it meant in the past is that it had PAF pickups and not mini-humbuckers. There were probably some other changes as well, but I don't know them, so I can't speculate.

Thanks for the info! I'd be down with that.

• 4 weeks later...

The Bicentennial Bird on that page made me cry. I remember looking at it through glass back then.

I had a 66 NR three P90'd de-Maestro'd when I was a kid. Wish I had had the patience to get the pickups fixed, instead I traded it for another L6.

I need another Firebird in my life like I need a hole in the head but man, I need another Firebird!

rct

• 1 month later...

Archived