Gibson Brands Forums

OCD vs. Son of Hyde

Riptide

You talkin about psychiatric disorders or pedals?

Yes, please clarify because I have both and don't know how to answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [flapper][scared][crying][sneaky] .....

I like all Fulltone pedals.......The OCD is great........But, the Plimsoul is better...............[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .......

Visual Sounds makes nice pedals as well........why not get the Jektyll and Hyde pedal.....

more buttons and knobs, more features etc................

Haha, yes the pedals. I'm just talking about the Distortion side of the Jeckyll and Hyde so that's why I said Son of Hyde. It's just that they both seem to have a good aound that's similar but I've never played of heard them back to back.

Haha, yes the pedals. I'm just talking about the Distortion side of the Jeckyll and Hyde so that's why I said Son of Hyde. It's just that they both seem to have a good aound that's similar but I've never played of heard them back to back.

well if you're looking for just the "distortion" side of the jeckyll & hyde, you can't really compare it to a OCD because the OCD is an overdrive pedal, not a distortion...

I would go for the Jeckyll and Hyde. The OCD is a great sounding pedal, but for about the same price (i think the J&H is only like $30 more) you get a distortion AND overdrive... a ton more different tones. plus IMHO the OCD can't really do anything extraordinary/special that any other comparable OD pedal can't also do.... but it's your money and your decision, so do what YOU want to do since you're the one that's gotta live with your decision... i would suggest that you go out and try both pedals out, then decide which you like better......

just my 2 cents [biggrin]

Archived