Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

Metalrulez

Nice guitar! Are those open coils? On the Studio Faded?

No they have chrome or polished nickel covers. The bridge pickup....I am not too sure about it. Very bright.Too bright.The single coil in my Melody Maker is not as bright. I went for the faded hoping for a darker sound.Granted pickups can be replaced. Time to contact my buddy at Wolfetone and talk shop with him and see what he recommends. 2 Gibsons in my stable now and I have yet to see the issues with the quality of the guitars people on the internut whine about. I must just be lucky which I doubt. \:D/ [thumbup] B)

I called Gibson and the top is maple. So my eyesight has not totally failed. So that would account for the bridge pickup being as bright as a supernova. So, it looks like I am replacing the pickup. No big deal. [thumbup] [thumbup]

How does it sound when you turn the tone knob down?

I called Gibson and the top is maple. So my eyesight has not totally failed. So that would account for the bridge pickup being as bright as a supernova. So, it looks like I am replacing the pickup. No big deal. [thumbup] [thumbup]

The customer service reps at Gibson are absolutely worthless. The new model of the fadeds have maple tops but they havent hit stores yet and will not until all old stock is sold off. I garauntee yours is all mahogany especially if it was made in 2010. I just got one at sweetwater and its all mahogany. Then a month later they announced the maple top. I'm not trying to badmouth the Gibson customer service but they know as much as you do.

The customer service reps at Gibson are absolutely worthless. The new model of the fadeds have maple tops but they havent hit stores yet and will not until all old stock is sold off. I garauntee yours is all mahogany especially if it was made in 2010. I just got one at sweetwater and its all mahogany. Then a month later they announced the maple top. I'm not trying to badmouth the Gibson customer service but they know as much as you do.

Sorry to inform you Sunshine but, the 2011 guitars are already in the stores.Mine was made in the last week of Feb this year.

Sorry to inform you Sunshine but, the 2011 guitars are already in the stores.Mine was made in the last week of Feb this year.

Congradulations. You probably bought it at a music shop, right? None of the popular internet sites seem to have them yet. I assumed from your picture from Sweetwater that you got it from them. They dont seem to have them yet or havent updated their sites. Sunshine?????

Congradulations. You probably bought it at a music shop, right? None of the popular internet sites seem to have them yet. I assumed from your picture from Sweetwater that you got it from them. They dont seem to have them yet or havent updated their sites. Sunshine?????

Sorry to inform you the 2011's are in inventory and are being shipped out. Maple tops and all. Yes I bought the guitar from Sweetwater and their webpage still reflects the 2010 specs. You made a assumption that the guitar I bought is an 2010. It is not. It is a 2011 with a maple top. Such is life.I wanted an all mahogany guitar since they tend to be darker then the maple/mahog combo. Sunshine=a ray of hope and enlitement beamed down on the unwashed masses by the all seeing all knowing....Sunshine.

Archived