Gibson Brands Forums

Haven't touched a guitar in almost 3 weeks

davidl

Stuff was happening, I was out of town for a while and I had not touched a guitar in almost 3 weeks.

Pulled out the R0 tonight and it all came back. I was actually concerned since I haven't gone more than a few days without playing in a while.

The last time I went without playing for a while lasted around 30 years.

Phew, I dodged that bullit.

Guest FarnsBarns

I often find that a break from it like that makes me more creative and bold for a while. I have friends who say the same. If you do find your getting more out of it enjoy it, its a great feeling.

I, like you, went for a long stretch without playing. Might have been twenty years that I did not play more than 10 minutes once in a great while.

Now I play every day at least an hour and started taking some lessons which I had never done.

Couple of weeks ago I started getting together with a friend that plays in a band. He and I are working on some songs and I may go fill in for them when they need an extra for some reason.

Forgot how much I loved playing, but I am back.

Very happy to be back in the saddle again.

A buddy is going to be over this weekend for a bit of a jam.

I came back from Las Vegas on Saturday sick and have been feeling like crap since. Picking up the guitar really perked me up. I think I'm on the upswing. The guitar is a great tonic. I wish I could buy one on prescription. Then I could charge it my office medical insurance. :rolleyes:

Dave

Archived