Gibson Brands Forums

Quiestion

Somi

Hey i have a question...

I've seen in some stores the epiphone les paul traditional pro in herritage cherry sunburst color. But accordig to the official websites it doesn't even exist. I like the hcs finish and the sound of tha trad pro, can anyone explain me: is it fake or not?

Hi Somi, welcome to the forum.

Do the shops you've seen it in belong to the same chain, e.g. Musicians Friend or Guitar Centre or Sam Ash etc. Epi quiet often makes special orders for some of the large chain stores. Also their website can't really be considered completely accurate, sometimes they'll make changes to a few specs and fail to mention it on their website, sometimes some models don't even make it on to the website.

Okay, so its not fake... i live in Hungary and i cannot decided thats fake or not... i cant order from musicians friend...

The shops you said you seen them in, if they're genuine Gibson-Epiphone dealers, then it shouldn't be fake.

I just spent 15mins looking for this guitar on 3 other major stores websites but could only find it at MF (re: your link), do you know if it's an MF only deal SS101.

Not sure, but it very well could be. They do have special "MF Only" guitars from time to time. If you couldn't find it anywhere else, this is probably one of them. There is a Martin acoustic I'm drooling over that you can only get from them, but back to the OP....

Returned after being played on tour ???? jk, perhaps just a misprint of returned ???

They're a German retailer who sell all across Europe so they translate their site in to different languages. It's just a mistranslation for 'returned' item.

Alan

Archived