Gibson Brands Forums

Another: 1st Les Paul Story

Waynerd

So, I've been a long time bass player and tried my hand at guitar for a few years now. I had an old Ibanez RG320 and decided to upgrade. I always wanted a Les Paul but didn't want the Gibson price so I though I tried the Epiphone Ultra 2 Les Paul. It wasn't cheap at $750. I got home and was very excited. But, after a couple of days the playability declined and I started to get frustrated. It was setup when I got it and I know how to setup guitars and this one just wasn't behaving. My Ibanez felt better. Anyhoo, I decided to exchange it. I sat down with some other Epis and a PRS in the same price range. I almost got the PRS until the salesman put a Les Paul studio. I didn't want to pay the extra 500 bucks but, I though I try it just for fun..... and that was it..

I couldn't put it down. I put the balance of my exchange on a credit card. I cannot be happier. I feels and sounds like heaven. I never knew playing the guitar can be this much fun! Thanks to a bum Epi and a clever salesman. Here's the pics:

post-31901-015062600 1301189971_thumb.jpg

post-31901-032381500 1301189953_thumb.jpg

The Les Paul Studio is a real guitar ;) Those 490R/498T pickups are plenty hot! I love my Studio LP, it is so light and it was my first LP too! I think the LP Studio's are amazing for what you pay. You get the Gibson LP look, the LP sound, and the playability! Congratulations on your new guitar purchase! She is very nice indeed! :D

Thanks for the replies! It's like bringing home a baby. Everyone wants to see pictures. And yes I love those pickups. I tried a lot of pick-ups (expensive ones) on my Ibanez. When I plugged the LP in, it was what I was looking for the whole time!!

Thanks for the replies! It's like bringing home a baby. Everyone wants to see pictures. And yes I love those pickups. I tried a lot of pick-ups (expensive ones) on my Ibanez. When I plugged the LP in, it was what I was looking for the whole time!!

Oh.. another thing. I just picked up an Egnater Tweaker combo. LP + Egnater = tears in my eyes

Archived