Gibson Brands Forums

Irony

grampa

A thread on censorship being cut off.

..... and as predicted it ventured into politics, which is against the rules, but I gave the thread the benefit of the doubt it would remain at somewhat of a high level. But like always it deteriorated in to name calling [thumbdn] .....

Next time I'll just shut it down, right when I see it.

Frankly (no pun intended, heh...) it got off to a pretty rough start.

I guess, though, that I shouldn't have gone off on that long-winded tirade about Constitutional interpretation. I'm not an authority on the subject anyway.

Anyway, I must have missed the last few posts, because it looked like it had at least been going in a relatively constructive direction last time I checked.

Frankly (no pun intended, heh...) it got off to a pretty rough start.

I guess, though, that I shouldn't have gone off on that long-winded tirade about Constitutional interpretation. I'm not an authority on the subject anyway.

Anyway, I must have missed the last few posts, because it looked like it had at least been going in a relatively constructive direction last time I checked.

All we ask is for a dash of civility... But when it heads down the path of name calling, well you get the point.

It's one I missed. Been off chasing kids' rodeos.

Saw it. Didn't open it 'cuz I figured it might end up grouchy. But then... <grin> Given that the forum's "subscription notification" ain't workin', I figger I ain't missed much on it anyway.

The Northern Hills Little Britches Rodeo was darned fun to watch. Then the local high school rodeo club had its annual fundraiser and - a friend "shot" for publication one of the kids riding a bull to an 83 in a state association rodeo down the road some 60 miles.

These are good kids. Normally I'm not much for censorship. But... Stedda talkin' about it, I was watching 6-year-olds saddle their own; a national high school finals rodeo barrel racer (a gorgeous and talented young horsewoman) clean out garbage cans between performances and then the munchkins helping clean grandstands just so it'd be a better rodeo... I think that was a better weekend.

Made even a grouchy old picker feel good seeing good kids and families work hard and still have fun.

m

I didn't ready it either. I guess my spidersense was right.

Based on why Duane closed the thread, I don't see it as irony, as more about uncivilized behavior brought upon a topic most people can't handle discussing peacefully (hence the rule). How about discussing his uncanny geetar playin' or how Sl00shtone is better than his?.... Oh, never mind... [biggrin]

Archived