Gibson Brands Forums

Triple NPD

Dub-T-123

Alright guys before you think I'm all crazy I sold a couple pedals to get these and one of them is just a favorite switch for my El Capistan.

Here's my board now

photo-153.jpg

I got an Empress ParaEq, an EQD Sound Shank (based on the Burns Buzzaround), and the adorable little T1M favorite switch.

I haven't had them for long so I can't make a full on review but so far I'm really digging them. Especially the ParaEq. The Sound Shank is really cool it's very 60's psyche sounding. I can't wait to bust that one out in a jam.

I have a feeling the ParaEq will be very useful for me. I tried it with my Fuzz Factory set for some synthy velcro fuzz and the ParaEq really helps dial it in to perfection. It sounds really cool to really exaggerate a frequency. Sweet!

I have a lot of learning to do.

Here are a couple demos

If you're interested, Empress has a bunch of great demos on YouTube but this PGS demo just packed the most into one video so I went with it.

I know how you guys love gearmandude so here he is rockin the Sound Shank. Not a whole lot of Sound Shank demos out there.

Sweet Dub, now Fred needs some new pedals.

Honestly, I am pretty set on pedals. A Green Rhino would be nice, and the Torn's Peaker, but other than that, I want a semi hollow and a jazzmaster. Then its all vintage gear from here on out. A late 60s SG and a Fender Tonemaster... I gotta change my shorts

I've pretty much decided I don't want a Green Rhino (even though I still haven't tried one). I just don't like that mid-gain sound. I'd rather it be a little cleaner or fuzz.

I dunno man... That mid gain sounds just not for me. I like the bass boost but now I have an Eq.

Actually I really liked the first demo with the Telecaster and Orange but I hated all the other ones with Les Pauls and Marshalls and stuff.

I've pretty much decided I don't want a Green Rhino (even though I still haven't tried one). I just don't like that mid-gain sound. I'd rather it be a little cleaner or fuzz.

I dunno man... That mid gain sounds just not for me. I like the bass boost but now I have an Eq.

Actually I really liked the first demo with the Telecaster and Orange but I hated all the other ones with Les Pauls and Marshalls and stuff.

It's just going to end up being a solo boost for me in all honesty.

Archived