Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES-446

Findlasse

Hi!

Does anyone have the wiring schematics of the Gibson ES-446??. I unsoldered some Seymour Duncans i put on it to put the originals back on again. And hung for some time and when I decided so solder the pickups - I had forgotten where to put them. I have some electronic experience so I figured out where it most probably should be soldered back on.

The schematics are different from a Les Paul I can tell.

Well, it worked, but I think the bridge PU was a lot weaker than the neck PU when I heard it again. Anyone knows the correct schematics for an ES-446??.

Thanks in advance

Hi!

Does anyone have the wiring schematics of the Gibson ES-446??. I unsoldered some Seymour Duncans i put on it to put the originals back on again. And hung for some time and when I decided so solder the pickups - I had forgotten where to put them. I have some electronic experience so I figured out where it most probably should be soldered back on.

The schematics are different from a Les Paul I can tell.

Well, it worked, but I think the bridge PU was a lot weaker than the neck PU when I heard it again. Anyone knows the correct schematics for an ES-446??.

Thanks in advance

What is an ES 446?

Normally, the hot pickup leads should be hooked up to the left contact and the shielding should be soldered to the top of the volume pot for each pickup.

I think you should be able to tell what wiring scheme it has by looking at where the capacitors are hooked up. It could be a modern or 50's style wiring. Check this:

http://www.blueskillet.com/images/Guitar%20Stuff/Gibson%20Wiring%20-%20Modern%20vs.%2050's.jpg

If the capacitors are not between the volume and tone controls, but are over on the tone control, then there will be a jumper wire between the volume and tone controls where the capacitor usually is. The location of that wire will determine whether it has the modern or 50's style wiring.

If it appears that its one of those kinds of wiring schemes, then the hot pickup lead goes to the left contact and the ground wiring goes to the top of the pot.

Hope this helps.

Archived