Gibson Brands Forums

After market Brown case that fits an LP

Stewie

I recently found a 2000 LP Custom. It had no case with it and I have an extra Gig Bag for it. I am looking for an aftermarket Brown/pink shroud interior case for it. I know the Gibsons are perfect but they are pricey when you can find them. Rondo has one, but apparently it does not fit a regular Epi LP snuggly. The Gator has mixed reviews as well. Some love it and say it fits others say it is not a tight fit either.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them. I have both the brown, and black Gibson LP cases, and I know the fit is perfect. I also have a couple of the Yorkville Canadian black cases, and an Epipohne Elitist case that fit perfect at well. I really want a brown case for this one and I would like to stay under 100.

Any help or reviews would be appreciated.

Get an Epiphone case if you can they retail for £60

They are black with a grey interior but are a VERY snug fit.

Unfortunately the one you want only comes with the expensive limited runs like the 59,60 & Bonamassa to name a few.

I also use Hiscox which have a red plush interior but have a very good reputation

My first case tho was a "STAGG" they do a few variants but they are a slightly loose fit,

Get an Epiphone case if you can they retail for £60

They are black with a grey interior but are a VERY snug fit.

Unfortunately the one you want only comes with the expensive limited runs like the 59,60 & Bonamassa to name a few.

I also use Hiscox which have a red plush interior but have a very good reputation

My first case tho was a "STAGG" they do a few variants but they are a slightly loose fit,

Thanks for the reply. I already have several of the cases you mention, and I know I can easily get a black case that fits perfectly for that money. I would like to hear from people who have had experience with the brown cases for sale now, with the pink interior and the shroud. Mostly how an Epi LP fits.

I have the cheapest Thomann case for my LP, fits quite nicely. Don't know if they're accessible where you're from, but here's a nice brown case in their E-shop.

that is exactly what I am looking for but unfortunately I am in Canada. I will be in the US for a month in the near future so I was looking for something in the US or Canada. I like the fact that it has a double neck support.

The tolex is a little darker than I like but it would do just fine. That is about 105 Canadian dollars.

Thanks for the reply.

Stweie ... who told you that the Rondo case doesn't fit properly? This one fits any Epi LP that I've tried like a glove! A real beauty and it's only $60!

http://www.rondomusic.com/egc300lp.html

Jim

A fellow on another forum sent me pictures of that Rondo case, with his Epi Tribute in it. It is not a good fit.

Of course the case is for his Agile LP and that was in it first. That might have distored the foam. It seems to have abaout 1 inch at the bottom and the sides don't look to be in the correct position. I will copy them and show you.

douglascase2.jpg

Douglascase1.jpg

douglascase3.jpg

I had a similar experience to the oversized case above. They are nice cases, don't get me wrong, I have several. I just recently bought an AL-3000M neckthru with a Douglas EGC-300LP case. I already had one and I loved it. The guitar needed to be send back due to damage on the back of the body. Well, the case was too big, like the one above. I sent it all back and ordered a tweed Douglas case instead with my replacement AL-3000M and it fit like a glove. I have tried my Epi '56 GT in the Rondo cases that I have and it fits very nicely in all of them.

Bottom line, if it is too big, send it back and Kurt will refund both the case and shipping.

Or a Gator case. Not as cheap, but very nice.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GWLPS-Traditional-LP-Guitar-Case?sku=545852

Thanks guys that is the kind of feedback I need. But in the end we are talking about a 60 dollar case with shipping at 16 bucks to Maine, where I will be for a month. The Gator case is 99, and I can probably pick one up at GC in Portland. For what I will be using it for I will probably go with the Rondo. It is basically for the look.

I rareley take my guitars out and it will be mainly used for storage.

Archived