Gibson Brands Forums

ES 339s

Rokkstar 2210

Hey guys!!!

I'm new to this forum...and also a HUUGGEEEE 339 fan!!!

I've been saving up to buy one for myself.

So post pics of your beloved 339s, and if you've had any mods done on them, type 'em out below the pics

LET THE 339 FEST BEGIN!!!

The 339 is a fantastic guitar. I got one last year and have played it daily since. I think it is the best value that Gibson offers today. I have done no mods, didn't need any.

335 is a nice guitar but the size of the 339 and the 57 Classics make it my favorite. Lots of tone and growl and this guitar will play about anything.

ES339front.jpg

Mine is the regular one. It still has a pretty nice grain pattern. I also have a 359 which is the 339 with an ebony fretboard, grovers, gold hardware, AAA Maple top. It of course is a few dollars more for not a lot but some bling.

Get the 339 you will never want anything else, for a while.

@ Rocketman...now that's a cool 339

which store did you get it from?

@ McBride....i'm going to college in the fall. Don't really get much in pocket money, but I have saved up 500$ over time. Will take guitar classes in my locality to earn a few quick bucks n get myself a beauty [biggrin]

Totally agree with you McBride

Rocketman, could you do me a favour? I need you to check the price of a standard and figured 339 @ the House of Guitars and post a reply...PLEEAAASSEEEEE!!!!! [rolleyes]

I live in the middle East and prices here are well over exorbitant...they're humongous!!!! [cursing]

Here's mine. 2010 Antique red.

IMG_0298.jpg

I wonder if the pricing is so high outside of the US and Canada because of the availability. I was told by a Gibson rep yesterday that not as many are shipped overseas because the profit margin for Gibson is marginal. There isn't much profit in Canada or the US either. Good for the consumer here though. You get a fantastic Custom shop guitar at a very good price point. Still a couple thousand dollars but very reasonable compared to a reissue LP. Especially the R9 and R0.

Nice Antique Red Davidl....I really like the red, except that the sunburst catches my eye a lot more..

Rocketman...if you could please reply to this post...what is the current price of a 339 at the House Of Guitars??

wow...seems like only 5 ppl own 339s...wonder where all the others disappeared...there's loads of posts on 339s in this forum

Rocketman...if you could please reply to this post...what is the current price of a 339 at the House Of Guitars??

Sorry but I don't think I should quote a dealer's price online. Your best bet is to call them directly. I should state that I know the owner from a mutual friend, which helped me get a good price. I also happened to be there when the Gibson rep was there and he gave me a break too. So all the "stars aligned" for me to get that price.

Archived