Gibson Brands Forums

Valve Jr cab Discontinued??

WTH, I'm way late on this one...discontinued??? but the head is still in production??? Shoot, I was gonna get another cab and put it off until now, then I find out discontinued... freakin-A, I need to stay up on this stuff.

Is there a new version of the 1x12 cab in the works or a replacement?? Whats the deal??? ................markerdown

WTH, I'm way late on this one...discontinued??? but the head is still in production??? Shoot, I was gonna get another cab and put it off until now, then I find out discontinued... freakin-A, I need to stay up on this stuff.

Is there a new version of the 1x12 cab in the works or a replacement?? Whats the deal??? ................markerdown

Good question ... and on a related note, whatever happened to the Valve Senior??? I remember reading of a few folks buying them, but they came and went very quietly, and I've yet to see one pop up on eBay, even. And, has Epi improved the reverb on the Hot Rod Junior? .... from what I gather, it leaves a LOT to be desired. Enquiring minds want to know.... :)

I checked all the big chain stores and they all have the cab as "discontinued". But I also discovered the blackheart 1x12 cab is real close in design to the epi VJr cab. In fact, during my search I read somewhere that it was designed by the same dude.

Looks like if I want another inexpensive cab, I get a Blackheart 1x12, the 5W head looks pretty good too [thumbup]

What is up with Epi amps?? the valve Sr seems like it never got off the launch pad and fizzled, the hot rod jr, heard very little about it other than the reverb was weak.

I checked all the big chain stores and they all have the cab as "discontinued". But I also discovered the blackheart 1x12 cab is real close in design to the epi VJr cab. In fact, during my search I read somewhere that it was designed by the same dude.

Looks like if I want another inexpensive cab, I get a Blackheart 1x12, the 5W head looks pretty good too [thumbup]

What is up with Epi amps?? the valve Sr seems like it never got off the launch pad and fizzled, the hot rod jr, heard very little about it other than the reverb was weak.

The Jet City cabinet seems to have dropped in price recently and is a reasonably priced alternative

Jet City JCA12S cabinet

They seem to have flopped with the senior and the hot rod.

At least that's all one can conclude from their not being pushed, sold, stocked, etc.

The hot rod reverb has to have pretty extensive mods to sound decent.

I believe the senior had the same problem. Apparently they worked it all out on paper before listening to it.

The jet city cab is the best deal on price.

the used vj cab runs 100.00 or so with shipping on the flea bay.

Archived