Gibson Brands Forums

Ebay Find ... Epiphone Prototype Guitar

entienne

entienne -WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

Have you been lurking long?

Regarding your pics - I LOVE double-cut away Gits, have one myself. But......

YOUR PICS!!!! My eyes, My eyes....I'm going BLIND! All but ONE of your

thumbnails enlarge to the size of a Postage Stamp, kinda hard to get a good look

at your Geet.

In the Epiphone Lounge, at the Top, is the "Do-it-yourself" Thread. Go there,

click on it. The FIRST section is about "How to post Photos" - has threads

about Photobucket and Imageshack. I use Photobucket, others use Imageshack, and others

have good luck with the thumbnails.

Perhaps one of our "Thumbnailers" can help you with the enlargement sizing when a

thumbnail is clicked on? To make 'em larger than a stamp.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

'COME IN SPINNER'

Hahahahahaha...

You doubt the authenticity Stu ?

I know prototypes can be had, I have a Parker that has been authenticated by people who work there, even to the point of naming who ordered it, the amount of time it lived in the GM's office (3 or 4 years) and the outlet it was sent to for retail sale, who were the dudes I finally bought it off, so they do exist. From the third row down: http://202.144.176.11/~rastus/GuitarCollection_PreliminaryPics/index015.html

You doubt the authenticity Stu ?

I know prototypes can be had, I have a Parker that has been authenticated by people who work there, even to the point of naming who ordered it, the amount of time it lived in the GM's office (3 or 4 years) and the outlet it was sent to for retail sale, who were the dudes I finally bought it off, so they do exist. From the third row down: http://202.144.176.11/~rastus/GuitarCollection_PreliminaryPics/index015.html

I genuinely hope Entienne, on her 1st post, is showing us frustratingly tempting pics of a prototype... that would be a HNGD for all of us!

But check out the copy on the link that Neil found. A guy that doesn't want to make any profit from his sales posting a rare geet (only available for members of that site ???) for a weird amount of coin on... wait for it... APRIL FOOLS DAY

Hello! [biggrin]

I might be wrong, but I reckon there's a couple of 'shadow puppets' floating around on the 'Dave Grohl V' thread as well today.

I hope that is the real deal cause it looks pretty sweet. Epi has been on a roll with re-releasing past models here lately; it would be nice to see the Del-Ray come back or even a new d.c.

Wasn't there talk recently of a Genesis re-issue ? If your after a current dc you can always import a Tak from Japan.

I thought that it might just be a Del Rey, so i have been looking very closeley at some pics of Del Reys and making some comparisons to the so called Excallibur, there are some differences so.. The excallibur is either a Fake Del Rey, or it really is some sort of DC prototype.

I have to say i never noticed the date on that link until you pointed it out...could be coincidence, but first of april is just too suspect. I would like to see a series of really sharp well lit photos of the Excalibur including a headstock full frontal.

The link that Neil posted is the Guitar....in question... Thank's Neil for posting those. I bought it with the same concerns listed in this thread. I half expected to never see it! But it arrived and that leaves questions.

a couple of things not in the pictures...it has a recessed jack and the carved tops cap is 3/8th thick... could it be Del Rey parts on another body ? If so, why then no serial # on the neck ? There's no question that the pickups are Gibson/Epiphone proprietary parts. ???? I contacted Epiphone, but hold out little hope of hearing back from them.

So for sake of argument, lets say you bought this guitar, you wouldn't but lets say you did...and when it arrived it was far superior to even your wildest expectations. Kinda like thinking you were buying a Squire Esprit and receiving a Fender Esprit. Thats what I thought might interest everyone. If Epiphone can make Guitars of this quality, and then continue to make the Guitars that they do... "my guitar gently weeps"

For once, I got a truffel not a turd

I notice that your truffle has a different neck join than a Del Rey and your truffle also has a gibson style bridge with thum wheel and no screw on the top of the post.

Del Rey..

30U-10984_bridge-tailpiece.jpg

Truffle..

Epiphone%20electric%20guitar%20for%20sale-4278312607622560585.jpg

Then the neck join

Del rey..

30U-10984_heel.jpg

Truffle..

Epiphone%20electric%20guitar%20for%20sale-4278312607622560588.jpg

The control cavity back plate is a different shape, the toggle switch is in a slightly different place and the truffle has a more prominent bevel on the lower horn. What this all means i don't know. Perhaps it was built in the US?

Archived