Gibson Brands Forums

how to change my profile pic

steve.taylorjr

Yeah, you've gotta shrink the pix with some sorta software. I think even the MS or Mac software packages have enough horsepower for that. The upload for the forum will tell you what the max size is in pixels. Then do your "save as" a JPG that keeps you under the maximum size of Kb.

m

thanks guys, guess i'm off to buy some software then. peace

You shouldn't have to buy anything Steve. Your computer should already have software to do this.

And those websites I mentioned are FREE to use, and very simple to use.

DO NOT BUY ANY SOFTWARE!!!!!! [thumbdn]

You shouldn't have to buy anything Steve. Your computer should already have software to do this.

And those websites I mentioned are FREE to use, and very simple to use.

DO NOT BUY ANY SOFTWARE!!!!!! [thumbdn]

+1 I use photobucket for all my picture resizes [thumbup]

thanks guys, guess i'm off to buy some software then. peace

Photobucket isn't software, it's a website. You can store pictures there. You upload your desired pic for use as an avatar. Once uploaded you can re-size it, usually the smallest size is suitable for an avatar. You can save it as a under a different file name so as to keep the original the original size in case you want to use it for something else. THen you can up load your re-sized avatar to your Gibson website profile.

Don't got to BestBuy to pick up a copy of Photobucket software. They will either laugh at you, or sell you PhotoShop or similarly named software you do not need.

Yes photobucket is storage site, but you can re-size picture that you have on file. Your digital camera, like my Cannon, should also come with software that allows you to do the same thing. I also if have Microsoft office there is program called Picture Manager that also does re-sizing as well

Archived