Gibson Brands Forums

Footswitch problem UPDATE

So as a few of you know, through the two thousand threads I have posted about my damn footswitch problem, its an issue with the jack. For whatever reason, the only cable that seems to work most of the time is some cheap POS patch cable from Guitar Center. So I run a cable to the MXR Classic Overdrive (which I never use) then run the patch cable to my amp footswitch.

The 1/4" jack seems to be http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/amp_parts/S-H506, so can I just solder a new one in? Could I take it somewhere and see if they will work on it?

It seems that none of the cables I have will seat properly, so I am going on the assumption that is the issue of the input jack

Are you sure you're not supposed to be using a TRS (tip ring sleeve) cable?

btw check your email

I don't believe so, but I'll check. It works when I use this POS jumper cable from GC and use a pedal as a buffer though, its working fine.

I checked mine, now check yours

I'd be surprised if it didn't use a TRS cable.

My email is acting weird right now I can see a little part of what you wrote in my inbox but when I try to open it it says the message has not downloaded from the server. So I'm like.. Download biatch.

Haha I'll try again in a minute.

Archived