Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Building Ideas

Andre S

Whilst I still have about a month or so to get the current one off the table and into a case, if you could design your own guitar, any design (even your own) features and all what would you?

I think my second may very well be a quilt top/flame maple top telecaster, with double binding, maybe a set Spanish Cedar neck and body or maybe mahogany, once I have some experience with using Spanish cedar, bound ebony or rosewood fingerboard and b5 bigsby.

Whilst I still have about a month or so to get the current one off the table and into a case, if you could design your own guitar, any design (even your own) features and all what would you?

I think my second may very well be a quilt top/flame maple top telecaster, with double binding, maybe a set Spanish Cedar neck and body, bound ebony or rosewood fingerboard and b5 bigsby.

Pretty much Jack White's Green Machine (minus the theramin)

Laugh at this old man if you will, but imagine a robot ES175 with Firebird X electronics and a master volume on the pick guard I could work with my pinkie and mosta the controls hidden by the pick guard. Then add a feedback inhibitor that cuts the wilder feedback freq.

I think that'd kinda be like a Chevy four-door body over a proper V12 engined sports-racing chassis, racing tires and and a surround-sound system for the interior.

<grin>

m

I have a guitar design all set to go.....then I lost access to the shop to build it......

Instead, I'm waiting to order a Carvin SH50B, triple stain deep tiger's eye, stainless steel frets, M.O.P. block inlays.....

This will be my custom guitar........

I have a guitar design all set to go.....then I lost access to the shop to build it......

Instead, I'm waiting to order a Carvin SH50B, triple stain deep tiger's eye, stainless steel frets, M.O.P. block inlays.....

This will be my custom guitar........

Shop? what is this mythica shop you speak of? You don't need a shop.

My working area is a piece of plywood ontop of a keyboard folding stand. Tools are a router, jigsaw and drill and sanding drum for the drill

Shop?

[confused]

I'd design it so it balances perfectly on your leg whilst playing in a sitting position.

No electric guitar I've played does this properly.

Good idea, I'm trying to decide whether I should put a belly scarf on my current guitar. Its a single cut type.

I'd design it so it balances perfectly on your leg whilst playing in a sitting position.

No electric guitar I've played does this properly.

You sir need a fatter gut to hang over the top edge of your guitar then :P Again my beer belly wins something besides the race to cardiac arrest, ok I am not that fat but I like joking!

You sir need a fatter gut to hang over the top edge of your guitar then :P Again my beer belly wins something besides the race to cardiac arrest, ok I am not that fat but I like joking!

So then I guess in your opinion a belly cut would be a no?

[ [thumbup]

Archived