Gibson Brands Forums

Pricing for a Standard Faded Peter Green Mod and a LP Robot red metallic with bound neck and headstock.

Thundergod

How much should I ask for them?

In here they sell for way more than they do new in the US, but most people don't have the kind of dough to buy 'em :rolleyes:

So I'll probably take them with me to the US at the end of the month and sell them over there (I'm gonna put them on ebay next week and have a 2 week listing... if they sell I'll take them if not I'll leave them here).

Anyway, I posted an ad in some other forums and asked a friend in the US to ask around and try to find some new owner for them... how much should I ask for them?

Here are the guitars in question, 2007 LP Standard faded Peter Green mod, beautiful flame, some extras, original case included; and a LP robot in red metallic, the ones with bound neck and headstock, ebony fretboard. Both with schaller straplocks and strap.

variosestudiocamarabelen270.jpg

variosestudiocamarabelen262.jpg

variosestudiocamarabelen265.jpg

Actually I'm gonna keep the white studio and the modded melody maker which surprisingly is the one I like the most out of the 4 of them. I'm probably gonna buy an ES339 while I'm on the US, last time I only found them in white which I didn't like at all... I want one in vintage sunburst (is that how it's called for that model?)

I have also thought if I sell one of them I'll keep the other but haven't decided yet (depends on which one leaves first!) [thumbup]

I'm just getting rid of stuff I hardly ever use in order to make room for stuff I will probably use even less [lol]

Actually I'm gonna keep the white studio and the modded melody maker which surprisingly is the one I like the most out of the 4 of them. I'm probably gonna buy an ES339 while I'm on the US, last time I only found them in white which I didn't like at all... I want one in vintage sunburst (is that how it's called for that model?)

I have also thought if I sell one of them I'll keep the other but haven't decided yet (depends on which one leaves first!) [thumbup]

I'm just getting rid of stuff I hardly ever use in order to make room for stuff I will probably use even less [lol]

ok..WHERE did you see them in white?? Coz I really want a white ES 339!!!

ok..WHERE did you see them in white?? Coz I really want a white ES 339!!!

In almost every SamAsh I visited last year... all of them had them in white and they looked awkward to me (I've always liked the burst version), I even thought they were some kind of samash special or something.

CB I haven't run into a TV yellow special YET :D But I know I'll get one as soon as I can find one.

@ThunderGod

I don't think they were white (I had a feeling you would say they were a Sam Ash Exclusive). What you probably saw was an ES 339 in Natural finish. It has this pale (beige look) without the binding.

White doesn't normally come as a 339 finish

They were white... the creme binding looked really dark in comparison to the finish, and the finish was the same all over the guitar: back of neck, back of body... I could be wrong tho LOL I'll try and find some pics of one of them (I'm sure I have a pic of the small but nice gibson wall at the SamAsh in Orlando. [thumbup]

Check completed auction on Ebay for similar guitars that have sold. That will tell you what the market will bear. They may be worth millions, but if the economy is depressed and no one will pony up that kind of cash, it is pointless to try and sell them for that amount.

Archived