Gibson Brands Forums

I Got Another Zeppelin Cover For You Guys!

Tman5293

So I did another cover. One of my favorite songs of all time! As the title says I used my Fender Hot Rod DeVille for this one. I recorded it with a Blue Yeti USB Mic that I borrowed from a friend.

I hope you like it. I know I butchered the solo a bit. As always, I would like to hear some constructive criticism, especially since I'm playing this song on a recording for my classical guitar class later this week. We've been working on this song in class and I was asked to play the electric guitar on it. I have to play the entire song, including the solo.

http://soundcloud.com/tman5293/stairway-to-heaven

Enjoy! msp_cool.gif

Listening now - haven't hit the solo yet, but so far sounds good! Doesn't sound too labored like you're having to think about it overmuch as you go along. (am I making sense?)

I'm not a player so I hestitate to give any more thoughts, but as a listener that's about how I'm hearing it.

OK here's the solo -- not bad either!

I've seen Jimmy do worse himself on YouTube ... (sad) sigh..... :unsure:

Linda

PS: edit: on the tippy tail end solo out there.... needs to flow effortless as a wave pulling in to shore -- but very very close!! great job, again!

Sounds good Tman 5293............The solo is unusual as it needs to be played note per note, with all inflections as correct as possible as well....

You are getting darn close.......Awesome job T-Dude.............

Sounds good Tman 5293............The solo is unusual as it needs to be played note per note, with all inflections as correct as possible as well....

You are getting darn close.......Awesome job T-Dude.............

Thanks damian! I appreciate it! msp_thumbup.gif

So I did another cover. One of my favorite songs of all time! ...

I would like to hear some constructive criticism, especially since I'm playing this song on a recording for my classical guitar class later this week.

We've been working on this song in class and I was asked to play the electric guitar on it. I have to play the entire song, including the solo.

http://soundcloud.com/tman5293/stairway-to-heaven

Enjoy! msp_cool.gif

Tman5293, if you are doing this for a Classical Guitar class (if I remember correctly when I took Classical Guitar I was taught to pick with my fingers, not a

plectrum) I would still approach this song from a finger-style perspective. We play this song in the band I'm currently in and I finger-pick, on the electric

guitar, from the beginning right up to the crescendo before the Guitar solo, and then I switch over to a pick and continue using the pick right up to the end.

You should try practicing the beginning part of the song by finger-picking. It will help you practice and improve that style, then you can work on the solo

and the out part with your plectrum.

Your getting close on the solo, but you need to work on the feeling and not just playing the notes. Then you missed the whole lead guitar part on the ending.

And once the "To be a rock and not to roll" there's all those unisons that Jimmy Page loves to use (I dig those [thumbup] ) that you can work on. That part's not so easy. It took me a while to get the right ones and work on the timing to the ritardando at the end.

Keep practicing, though, mate. You'll get it. It's well worth the effort.

Nice job. I will echo what has already been said, you should be finger picking it. Especially if you're playing this for a classical guitar class. Also, sounded like some notes were cut short in the beginning. When finger picking you'll be picking 2 notes simultaneously sometimes, to me this is one of the signatures of the beginning of this song. Other than that and a little more practice on the solo, sounds pretty good.

Archived