Gibson Brands Forums

Pro Tools?

Oopssorryy

Little over a year ago I was given Pro Tools M Powered Essentials Recording Studio, and have no idea how to use it. All the online guides seem to assume that I know my way around the software, which I don't. I really need a guide that will show me the very basics (I.E. how to even start recording or playing with the pre loaded tracks), to the more advanced stuff. I would like to start recording so I can have a back track to solo against (to help me learn), and to record the one original I've managed in four year. It came with a interface so I can plug in my guitar, or mic, and looks interesting. If I can figure it all out I'll post my cover of Louis Armstrong's Give Me a Kiss to Build a Dream On! Please help the Pro Tools illiterate!

I would, but I live in a very small town, and I'm the only one with Pro Tools. Hell, my guitar teacher is the only other person who even has a home recording studio, but he uses Cakewalk last I checked. I had a friend who was well versed in other recording programs (he swore he was the next 50 cent.... 8-[ ) and he could only get one 4/4 measure to appear. Why can't things just be simple and look like my old VCR.

Check out the Recording Review forum.....I learn a lot there.......There must be Pro Tools Forums as well...Check those out as well...............

The unit you have is rather basic, and should be fairly easy to master............I fully agree that many companies ASSUME that

everyone already knows a lot about their products........

Oopssorryy...feel free to PM me with questions. I run Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3....i learned it on my own just by pressing buttons and stuff lol!

I have a decent grasp on the basics....there's a LOT you can do with it...i use probably about 25%...

Oopssorryy...feel free to PM me with questions. I run Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3....i learned it on my own just by pressing buttons and stuff lol!

I have a decent grasp on the basics....there's a LOT you can do with it...i use probably about 25%...

If I can't figure out the Tweakheadz link that mcmurry gave me, I shot you some PMs. Thanks for helping a newbie out!

Go to the Pro Tools web site they have some tutorials and even sell a whole bunch of books and dvd's - there are quite a few good books out to help get you started.

What version of Pro Tools are you using If your running a Mbox interface you might be running Pro Tools LE also

Go to the Pro Tools web site they have some tutorials and even sell a whole bunch of books and dvd's - there are quite a few good books out to help get you started.

What version of Pro Tools are you using If your running a Mbox interface you might be running Pro Tools LE also

I'm running on the Essential pack 8.something. I running it off of Windows 7 which might be causing some issues, as the box says it needs XP S3, or Vista. I'm not going back to Vista! You can't make me!

I'm running on the Essential pack 8.something. I running it off of Windows 7 which might be causing some issues, as the box says it needs XP S3, or Vista. I'm not going back to Vista! You can't make me!

Spent 2 days trying to load protools on windows. Loaded it on a mac at work in about 10 minutes. That was the final straw no more PC's and nothing but macs for me. Swore I would never cross over but haven't regretted since I have.... Nice not to get questioned, hand slapped, and interrogated every every time I click on something.

The key to protools is selecting the right kind of track for what you're trying to record. Once you get that down figure out input and output of tracks and inserts, switching between edit and mix view and you have 90 % of what you will be doing on it.

Andy

As as bump for Oopssorryy's thread;

If PRO TOOLS is giving you trouble, use REASON, and LOGIC, and follow your SONAR to try out ADOBE AUDITION, although that might not

be a CAKEWALK for you either; In that case, take some ACID, if you have the AUDACITY to do so, and try out CUBASE, which might make

you KOMPLETE, and if that doesn't work, you as might as well stay in a GARAGEBAND, or, you could give up and go see the REAPER !!!!!!

Archived