Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! NOT A GENESIS ! Wheeee!

musicmaker99

Just checked in to see if you'd got her yet.

Many congrats. You'll have some great fun.

One tip: Play with those volume knobs.......you can set a desired mix with both pups on and then dial in your overall volume with the master volume pot. I like full volume on bridge with just a touch of neck volume dialed in for a great rock tone. You simply set your amp with some gain and use your master volume to control what you want overall.

Alan

Just checked in to see if you'd got her yet.

Many congrats. You'll have some great fun.

One tip: Play with those volume knobs.......you can set a desired mix with both pups on and then dial in your overall volume with the master volume pot. I like full volume on bridge with just a touch of neck volume dialed in for a great rock tone. You simply set your amp with some gain and use your master volume to control what you want overall.

Alan

The Genesis was ordered on Friday via UPS (no Sat shipping). So, it should have shipped out yesterday and I'm looking for it to arrive on Thursday but haven't gotten the tracking # yet.

Thanks for the settings advice. I reckon it applies to the Kat also with its master volume control. Good stuff to know.

The Genesis was ordered on Friday via UPS (no Sat shipping). So, it should have shipped out yesterday and I'm looking for it to arrive on Thursday but haven't gotten the tracking # yet.

Thanks for the settings advice. I reckon it applies to the Kat also with its master volume control. Good stuff to know.

Sorry, MM. I meant the 'Kat.

These settings are great with P90s when you have vol, vol, master controls.

I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

Alan

Archived