Gibson Brands Forums

ES-355

RobinTheHood

Well...judging by your avatar...I really can't say I'm surprised by your choice.

But then I'm a big fan of Noel, myself, so I admire your choice. I'm old enough to remember seeing Oasis live at Glastonbury in 1995. My first year at uni...16 years ago, almost to the very day. Heck, I'm getting ancient.

219003_10150573308725175_610390174_18653375_1650448_o.jpg

Yep, that's the guitar alright. Beautiful ain't it?

I've got that Glastonbury performance you are talking about on VHS somewhere. I was 17 at that time.

Yep, that's the guitar alright. Beautiful ain't it?

A fairly heartbreaking photo, but that is supposedly the guitar that broke up Oasis.

After Liam did this to it in a fit of anger, backstage at the Rock en Seine festival in Paris.

tumblr_lfyje8kXGP1qgtwwto1_500.jpg

Or so the legend goes...

A fairly heartbreaking photo, but that is supposedly the guitar that broke up Oasis.

After Liam did this to it in a fit of anger, backstage at the Rock en Seine festival in Paris.

tumblr_lfyje8kXGP1qgtwwto1_500.jpg

Or so the legend goes...

Odd thing about the broken ES-355 is that I notice Noels one had "stereo" on the truss rod cover, but the broken one doesn't, even though it has his strap attached to it. Also after watching an HD performance from Wembley Arena 2008, Gem uses an ES-355, which I always assumed was Noels, but the one he used doesn't have "stereo" on it.

Odd thing about the broken ES-355 is that I notice Noels one had "stereo" on the truss rod cover, but the broken one doesn't, even though it has his strap attached to it. Also after watching an HD performance from Wembley Arena 2008, Gem uses an ES-355, which I always assumed was Noels, but the one he used doesn't have "stereo" on it.

It's easy to change trc's though.

Hard to say...but it seems to have a blank TRC in this photo:

050821_noel_gallagher_vmed_widec.jpg

Also, the photo of the wrecked guitar shows it to be capoed at the 2nd fret - which may or may not be significant...

Archived