Gibson Brands Forums

Question about new guitar - Epiphone

Mitchl33

I've been playing an acoustic for 3+ years and I wanted to see what electric is like. I found a Epiphone in great shape today at a garage sale.

Anyone know any details about it? It looks like a Special but, the head stock is different.

I forgot to include the serial number - MC21090254.

Thank,

Mitch

100_5210.jpg

100_5211.jpg

100_5209.jpg

100_5212.jpg

I've been playing an acoustic for 3+ years and I wanted to see what electric is like. I found a Epiphone in great shape today at a garage sale.

Anyone know any details about it? It looks like a Special but, the head stock is different.

I forgot to include the serial number - MC21090254.

Thank,

Mitch

It's called a Basher, one of the E Series made 2001 - 2002. MC serial # indicates Muse factory in China, 2 = 2002. Here's the specs:

Epiphone Basher: 2001-2002

- 2 E-Series Open-coil humbuckers

- Chrome Hardware

- Explorer-S Headstock

- Indian Rosewood fingerboard

- Dot Inlays

- Maple Neck with "Super Slide" Satin Finish

- Bolt-on Neck Joint

- Tune-O-Matic Bridge - Stop-bar / Tailpiece

- 1 Vol / 1 Tone Knobs

- 3-way Selector Switch

Colors:

- Blood Stain

- Bruise Purple

- Just Black

basher.gif

Welcome to the forum, Mitch and congrats on the new guitar!

Jerry gave you all the info on your Basher, so I'll just add that, while I've never had the opportunity to play one, I've always liked that headstock insignia ... it has a cool, Art Deco look to it.

Play it hard, buddy!

Jim

Welcome to the forum!

A GARAGE SALE..... A GARAGE Sale.... ](*,)](*,)](*,)

Are you willing to say "How Much"?

I agree with Midi - cool headstock.

Oh, those surface scratches can be buffed out quite easily, we have

threads in place ready to look at if you'e interested.

Thanks guys for the kind words and the encouragement.

It sounds good but, coming from the acoustic realm to the electric, it will take a little adaptation.

To my ears it would be better if I were a good strummer. I am mostly self-taught and I taught myself to read music. Therefore, I can play by note very good but, switching chords quickly while keeping rhythm has been a long and slow road. But, I enjoy music and playing that I have stuck with it for over 3 years. I practice switching chords everyday. :rolleyes:

Animalfarm asked how much, (I hope it's okay to mention price on this forum, as another forum I am member of doesn't allow talk of $$$) I paid $35 for the axe and amp. Is it worth it?

I know I need to change the turners because a couple of them are loose and they are hard to turn once the string is tuned.

To my ears it would be better if I were a good strummer. I am mostly self-taught and I taught myself to read music. Therefore, I can play by note very good but, switching chords quickly while keeping rhythm has been a long and slow road. But, I enjoy music and playing that I have stuck with it for over 3 years. I practice switching chords everyday.

There's a scene in Rattle and Hum where BB King is rehearsing with U2, and BB tells the Edge that he just plays notes 'cos he never really learned to play chords!!!

Archived