Gibson Brands Forums

Tribute to Django Reinhardt - a must see movie for every manouche jazz lover!

DeVeeWee

I ran into this exceptional 1 hour film of a concert of Angelo Debarre & band, that I would like to share with you all.

In this tribute to Django Reinhardt (the spiritial founder of gypsy guitar music) you can hear and see one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, gypsy jazz guitarist in the world. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTmwZsy8xbg&feature=player_embedded#at=962

Hello Matt my friend!

Things are going alright over here in Belgium!

I've just replied to you on FB!

Especially you, both as a guitar expert and tutor, need to really check out this video, which might support you along your guitar classes... so you can spread the manouche vibes among your pupils [smile]

W O W !

I clicked over to YouTube and went full screen - very nice quality video, great camera work and excellent sound. I bounced around a bit and this is an awesome concert. I'm definitely in.

Later I'll be piping this video from my computer to my big screen and stereo. Can't wait to watch the whole show.

Many, many thanks for the pointer. [thumbup]

BTW - - Matt - how's you guitar build going? Bet your really pumped now.

Thanks for posting this, Kris.

I'll watch it when I've time tomorrow!

Funnily enough I've been listening to Django's version of Manoir de Mes Reves quite a bit recently...

Spooky!

Best wishes,

P.

Thanks for posting this, Kris.

I'll watch it when I've time tomorrow!

Funnily enough I've been listening to Django's version of Manoir de Mes Reves quite a bit recently...

Spooky!

Best wishes,

P.

Philip,

And I bet 'Manoir de mes rëves' through your lovely manouche box will sound almost the same as Django's original version!

Best wishes!

Kris

Philip,

And I bet 'Manoir de mes rëves' through your lovely manouche box will sound almost the same as Django's original version!

Best wishes!

Kris

If only the notes would come out in the same order...........LOL!

P.

Archived