Gibson Brands Forums

My First Gibson - ES137 Custom

Danno

... and it's a damn nice one too. I have about 10 guitars in my house, all of them except this Gibson is under $500. The best guitar I had was a tex-mex Fender Tele which I am still keeping for the unique single coil sound that guitar has, but my god, it just does not compare to the total awesomeness of this beautiful mint condition 2003 ES-137 CUSTOM guitar.

(bad lighting)

y1pg8tao_1uzYRCJl77l8Aw61M1yRnXuaAhwGtUnVd8BwhfpNPqCUnBPLyXkrypG1G3

(mmm varitone)

y1pxANJrup_KDbVMWzxnGFPfE04vkhumg-f6Tu6xioVg0jEW6XnDV7RU5ZTqS2dK9_H

(LOVE the custom shop headstock with the split diamond inlay)

y1pxANJrup_KDYiKP3nGZilZH0Exn2fg3sbl_p0tlmZmnCjymYUFqYUqgBVtAL5A3pp

(pretty tri-burst)

y1pKSr-MctdMzPo1NmC62gTh7SGBYasp3FEGmeWLbj7wfweZs0DxnXDnNBynXiY77hF

I played it for my wife and she said, OMG, that's what sex sounds like! I agree!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have one of these and am delighted with it. Like the pics at the top of the thread mine is the triburst custom with gold hardware. I don't think you'll find a nicer looking guitar anywhere and it sounds awesome. It cost me an arm and a leg new about a year ago but I've never regretted choosing it over a plainer ES335 or one of a million Les Paul variants. This one is special and I highly recomend it.

• 1 year later...

I went ahead and did a Youtube vid on the guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjwGSdZryDo

I had about 2 hours to get to the airport at the time of this filming, so I realize I should probably post something with less talking and more sexy sounding guitar (and with better, mic'd amps).

i cant get my pics to upload ,,but that looks like mine almost

Archived